About Vidant Health
Vidant Health is a regional health system serving 29 counties in eastern North Carolina. We are working every day to improve the health of the 1.4 million people we serve. Vidant Health is made up of 8 hospitals, physician practices, home health, hospice, wellness centers and other health care services. Vidant Medical Center is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant Health strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care. Our goal is to enhance services that are available locally and to eliminate barriers involving time, distance and lack of awareness that sometimes prevent patients from receiving the care they need.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Vice President.
- Coordinates key meetings for Vice President meeting schdules and location agenda preparation attendance requirements.
- Keeps track of Vice President's schedule and maintains calendar.
- Makes arrangements and preparations for travel conferences appointments special events or other business activities.
- Performs secretarial and clerical duties.
- Answers phone refers routes or places calls greets and assists visitors students etc.
- Maintains records or receipts orders office supplies, maintains inventories, receives and distributes supplies and materials, maintains personnel records and other confidential files.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail, prepares out-going mail, sends routes or relays information to proper person or department. Prepares routine correspondence memos, letters, reports, charts, graphs etc.
- Performs special projects as required by the Vice President.
- Participates on various hospital committees; collects, compiles and computes data and prepares reports and summaries for Vice President for presentation and distribution; prepares various surveys, reports and updates required by the hospital.
- Budgetary responsibility for cost center to include formulation of or assisting in the formulation of budget, monitoring and controlling budget, and making recommendations regarding budget allocations.
- Maintains and distributes policy and procedure manuals. Analyzes and reports business information.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President.
- High school graduate with two additional years of education in Secretarial Science, Business Administration, or related education/training required.
- 1-3 years experience of executive level administrative support required.
- Required Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives and to coordinate a high volume of diverse assignments, effectively handle competing priorities, and maintain attention to detail.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to learn organization's database, content management system, and other software as needed.
- Meticulous grammar, editing, writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use good judgment in making independent decisions with a high degree of tact and diplomacy
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.