Job ID: 954574
Facility: Vidant Medical Center
Location: Greenville, NC
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2021
Experience Coordinators reflect a commitment to the Vidant Health values Integrity, Compassion, Education, Accountability, Safety, and Teamwork and play a vital role in the experience of our patients, families, and visitors while in our facilities.
The Experience Coordinator will have a unique role at Vidant Health. Vidant Healths Experience Coordinators will connect with patients, families, and care teams to listen, advance, elevate, problem solve, partner, customize and personalize for a positive, memorable experience at Vidant Health. This position will work under the direction of the Office of Experience. The job entails collaborating with clinical leaders in the organization to develop strategies around patient needs, networking with Vidant Health team members, meeting the patients where they are to provide the necessary support for a life-changing patient experience.
Experience Coordinators assist with the visitor screening process, visitor management process, and facilitate virtual connections by using technology and other resources. Other responsibilities include visiting patient rooms, explaining patient and visitor guides, and assisting patients with meal ordering as needed.
1. Develops, maintains, and cultivates relationships with patients, family members and guests on designated units for better experiences.
A.Connect with patients and families routinely to learn about their experiences and restore relationships if needed.
B.Obtain consistent feedback from patient and families about food quality, room cleanliness, and overall hospitality.
C. Provide patient with a Patient Visit Guide in their preferred language and Environmental Services Tent Card if patient does not have one.
D. Review and explain contents of Patient Visit Guide and answer any questions they may have. Encourage use of the journal section to capture any questions that patients have for care providers
E.Work with Experience analytics to broaden understanding of the patient experience and provide feedback to better understand data what is captured on surveys..
2. Collect and integrate encounter-level experience data to help inform evidence based strategies, improve processes and help design interventions leading to better patient experiences.
A.Serves as a resource for the Office of Experience, keeping a pulse on patient experience indirectly.
B.Provide empirical data to demonstrate program outcomes to hospital and health system leaders to assist in evaluating and developing patient/family experience services.
C.Responsible for reporting out to departmental leaders in the Office of Experience (Includes contracted leaders) on a weekly basis.
D.Participates in patient experience process improvement projects
3. Service Recovery/Restoring Relationships
A.Competent and confident in with identifying problems and proactively finding solutions with little direction
B.Help identify and facilitate resolution of issues related to Food and Nutrition Service or Environmental Services. Team member will need to document and contact appropriate department to address issues promptly.
C.Partner with Tell Us Now and unit leadership teams to follow up with unsatisfied patient/family and report complaints as appropriate.
D.Offer food and coffee coupons to family members and assist patients to order meals as needed.
4. Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships with different stakeholders at Vidant Health.
A.Participate in morning huddles regularly
B.Develop an extensive knowledge of current events at Vidant Health needed to perform job duties.
C.Meet with unit leaders each week to share and collect feedback from interventions.
D.Attend weekly team meetings
5. Document interventions in a timely manner
A.Document patient interventions and rounds daily in the Electronic Health Record.
B.Keep a log of Patient Visit Guides given out, EVS Tent Cards given out, the total number patients visited, visitor coupons used, relevant comments, and other key performance indicators.
C.Team member must round and document on 90% of their patients everyday (Subject to change, depending on a several variables)
6. Become competent and knowledgeable in identifying patient communication needs and connecting them with appropriate resources (interpreter services, assistive devices).
7. Develop competency and knowledge of regulatory/safety requirements, infection control policies, and protocols needed to reduce/mitigate/prevent exposure and spread of infectious diseases and other disease processes.
A.Must complete all courses prior to rounding on units (PPE use, safety, gowning, HIPAA, etc...)
B.Regularly participate or listen in to Looking Forward with Leadership or other virtual town halls.
8. Meet with nurse leaders on the unit weekly
A.Review findings, discuss trends, and potential improvement opportunities for patient experience
B.Discuss sending appreciation cards or other ways to recognize team members who went above and beyond to exceed patient and family member expectations.
9. Provides patient location assistance using EPIC or other resources. Escorts patient, family, and guests to the correct locations.
10. Demonstrates warm hospitality when communicating in person, over the phone, and via electronic means. Experience Coordinators interact with patients, families, and team members in a positive and supportive manner. Additionally, they must have sensitivity and address cultural differences and communication needs. Experience Coordinators offer patients diversional activities, socialization, and access to resources in stated language of preference. Other duties include reviewing patient visitor guide, assisting with virtual calls connecting pastoral care and social work support as needed.
11. Provides coverage at all greeter and coordinator posts as assigned. Will be cross-trained to all experience greeter posts.
12. In the Emergency Department and as needed elsewhere: Assists with rooming patients, provides wheelchair assistance, works with the care team to ensure a safe discharge, including helping with transportation arrangements for Taxi, Uber, Lift, etc.
Associates Degree required
2 years in customer service/hospitality required