About Vidant Health
Vidant Health is a regional health system serving 29 counties in eastern North Carolina. We are working every day to improve the health of the 1.4 million people we serve. Vidant Health is made up of 8 hospitals, physician practices, home health, hospice, wellness centers and other health care services. Vidant Medical Center is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant Health strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care. Our goal is to enhance services that are available locally and to eliminate barriers involving time, distance and lack of awareness that sometimes prevent patients from receiving the care they need.
- Management accountability and decision-making authority for determining the strategies, interventions and activities that will be effective and appropriate to further enable the capability of the department.
- Accountable for ensuring performance of the department in accordance with goals and stewardship responsibilities.
- Communicates key management decisions and informs department leadership of issues affecting department performance effectiveness.
- Facilitates development of and adjustments to work plans, work processes, budgets, staffing levels, and other resources needed to deliver services that meet expectations of the department.
- Facilitates change to advance the organization and uses resources and operational practices to drive execution of plans.
- Ensures that policies, procedures and practices are followed to support a safety culture, evidence based care, high reliability, performance improvement and transparency.
- Accountable for a positive organizational culture in decision making and performance management to influence work attitudes and enhance job satisfaction.
- Key liaison between the leadership teams and staff of the health care entities and programs.
- Bachlor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
- 3-4 years relevant experience required.
- SPHR, PHR or CEBs certification preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required:
- Demonstrated ability to manage, teach, make independent decisions and assume responsibility
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of staff
- Working knowledge and experience with PC-based applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Futuristic approach to the development of programs/systems that support continuous quality improvement and Mission, Vision, and Values
- Ability to function as a leader, team member and execute the desired outcomes
- Must exhibit creative, positive problem-solving abilities
- Ability to foster collaboration between multiple parties
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups
- Ability to think conceptually and apply concepts in a practical application
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information, and determines a course of action
- Ability to consider diverse opinions and incorporate them into the decision-making process
- Proven track record of implementing organization-wide projects.
- Commitment to a high standard of customer service
- Excellent budget and financial management skills
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.