Job ID: 953189
Facility: Vidant Medical Center
Location: Greenville, NC
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2021
About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital of Vidant Health, which provides services to 1.4 million people in 29 counties throughout eastern North Carolina. Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited Level-1 Trauma Center with 900+ beds and over 7,000 employees. The state-of-the-art medical center provides acute, intermediate rehabilitation, outpatient services, and Home Health and Hospice services.
Vidant Medical Center is the only rehabilitation center in eastern NC with specialty units for Stroke Rehabilitation, Pediatrics, Brain Injury, Neuro and Spinal Cord Injury. Vidant Medical Center also has 6 CARF accredited programs. Programs and equipment include Lokomat, ZeroG Harness, Bioness, and Biodex.
Provides supervision for rehabilitation allied health employees in the designated program. Ensures adequate staffing to meet specific patient care needs through delegation or assignment of employees. Provides oversight for time and attendance reporting. Appraises employee performance on a regular basis, manages performance including productivity, and facilitates employee development to achieve professional and organizational goals.Facilitates interdisciplinary patient care and team cohesion across the continuum. Assists Manager in daily operations and assumes functions in Manager's absence. Provides direct patient care.
1. Provides direct supervision for rehabilitation allied health employees assigned to program and ensures staff composition and skills are adjusted to meet the needs of patient population served in the designated program. Manages employee assignments, leave requests and staff competencies to meet the program needs. Evaluates employee performance in relation to program needs, performance goals, productivity and time management; provides direction for performance improvement, on a routine basis, and completes annual Performance Appraisal. Evaluates and supervises documentation of patient care. Maintains required record keeping.
2. Manages equipment and space utilization including proper equipment maintenance and adequate supply levels for the program.
3. Provides guidance for the implementation of new clinical practices and development of employee clinical skills to support program goals. Interprets policies and procedures for employees. Serves as a resource to employees in problem identification and solution. Provides or arranges for employee education to meet the goals of the individual, the discipline or program, and the service line. Assesses learning needs. Ensures new employees are oriented to the program following recommended processes for the discipline and program.
4. Shows evidence of continued professional growth. Participates in performance improvement activities and outcomes managment at the level of the individual, discipline, program and/or service line.
5. Provides assistance to and can assume responsibilities of the Program Manager/Director in his/her absence. Provides input and information for budgeting, strategic planning, marketing and program development. Assumes other duties as assigned.
6. Provides direct patient care and education.
Four year degree is required.
Advanced degree may be required if it is the terminal degree for the discipline.
Licensed by the state of North Carolina in a designated field of clinical practice is required. Certification may also be required if required by the discipline.
3 years to 5 years of progressive advancement as a clinician with evidence of leadership activities is required.
Clinical background in pediatrics is preferred
Previous clinical experience in acute and inpatient rehab is preferred
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.