About Vidant North Hospital
Vidant North Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 204-bed acute bed facility where residents of Halifax, Northampton and Warren counties in North Carolina and Mecklenburg, Brunswick and Greensville in Virginia receive a wide range of health services close to home. Vidant North Hospital’s team of more than 60 providers and 850 employees represent most medical specialties. In addition to 24-hour emergency care, we also offer intensive care, medical, surgical, orthopedic, behavioral health, rehabilitation and therapy services; a cardiac catheterization lab; and outpatient clinics. Our partnership with Vidant Health connects the communities we serve with broader access to various levels of care, enabling us to further customize treatment based on a patient’s unique needs.
- The Police Officer performs a complete range of law enforcement services for the Vidant Company Police Department. Duties include patrols, criminal apprehension, preliminary and follow-up investigations, traffic enforcement, other tasks that aid in securing the hospital campus.
- This position is primarily assigned to report and work at a home region, but may be assigned to other regions as needed.
- Demonstrates acceptable level of Service Excellence behaviors.
- Demonstrates acceptable level of work habits behavior, adheres to work schedule, sets priorities based on departmental needs, pays attention to details, dresses appropriately for work area.
- Meets professional standards, all required certifications are maintained.
- Patrols the facilities both inside and outside to assure the safety and security of persons and property, reports any unusual or criminal activities and hazards, engages in patrols to physically check doors, windows, etc., escorts individuals in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates skill and proficiency with equipment used on a daily basis, police vehicle, police equipment (firearm, handcuffs, baton, etc.), computer (and related software programs)
- Demonstrates knowledge of law enforcement procedures and the ability to carry them out, prepares investigative and other reports using appropriate grammar, symbols, and mathematical computations, performs searches of people, vehicles, and buildings in accordance with law and accepted practices, process arrested subjects, crime scenes, and evidence.
- Shows an understanding of the hospital and a command of the functions required, knows and demonstrates all hospital procedures pertaining to fire, disaster and other emergencies.
- Demonstrates an ability to interact positively with patients, visitors, and staff, effectively communicates with people and provides information in a courteous manner.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Law Enforcement Certification
- High School or greater degree is required.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.