Job ID: 952801
Facility: Vidant Medical Center
Location: Greenville, NC
Date Posted: Dec 8, 2021
About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
1. Delegated certain responsibilities and authority for managing a nursing unit: Holds staff accountable for functioning at the end of their job descriptions and initiates disciplinary action as needed. Participates in budget planning and cost containment plans. Coordinates, evaluates and improves nursing care. Promotes safe, cost effective quality patient care. Participates in direct patient care to patients and their families. Assists the Nurse Manager in evaluating, commending and providing guidance to staff. Evaluates and supervises documentation of care. Assists in providing patient, family and staff education. Performs ongoing assessment of unit needs and takes responsibilities for adjusting staffing schedule as needed.
2. Assigns care to staff based on acuity of the patients and competency of staff. Demonstrates appropriate caring behavior in the workplace, treating patients, their families, visitors and staff with respect and dignity.
3. Acts as liaison between patient, family and physician. Serves as communication agent between Nursing Administration and shift staff.
4. Develops leadership/managerial role: Shows evidence of continued professional growth and fulfills annual education requirements for supervisors. Interprets policies and procedures to staff members. Facilitates needed changes in policies, procedures and protocols. Serves as a resource to staff in problem identification and solution. Impacts staff behavior for improved staff relations and patient care. Utilizes support services appropriately.
5. Demonstrates active participation in the QAI process.
BSN required. NCRN licensure required.
One year of additional graduate education may be substituted for one year of experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
Two to three years of clinical experience in nursing, one year of which is in the clinical subspecialty required. Prefer previous leadership experience and knowledge of computer applications, such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Groupwise. Time in staffing (functioning in the charge nurse roll) and office time will be based on OIP recommendations for the unit.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.