About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 9 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 2 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
- Deploy, and maintain enterprise computing solutions such as physical desktops, virtual desktops, app virtualization
- Mentor Engineer I team members and serve as point of escalation for more complex issues
- Lead administration of assigned support systems within the delivery portfolio such as SCCM, Intune, HPMD, Imprivata, PDQ
- Lead patch and vulnerability activities to ensure a healthy, secure, and stable infrastructure
- Assist in the development of baseline KPI's and perform capacity and performance reporting to ensure compliance
- Monitor assigned systems and proactively implement changes to reduce risk and minimize unplanned outage or performance issues
- Follow established processes to ensure that issues are resolved, and work is performed according to operational standards
- Provides well-written and effective professional and technical documentation
- Collaborate with team members, colleagues, consultants, and vendors to effectively analyze and resolve moderate to complex issues
- Provide on-call support as needed by the business for 24x7 critical infrastructure operations
- Participates in the planning and design of technology architecture roadmaps
- Participates in the development of operations policies, procedures, and best practices
- Bachelor's degree in a related Information Technology course of study or equivalent work training and experience required
- At least one Associate level certification is required, or must be obtained within one year of hire: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or other agreed upon exam
- 3+ Years of experience as an Modern Workplace Solutions Engineer I or equivalent role
- Successful track record of meeting SLAs for assigned incidents with a high degree of quality
- Successful Track record of completing assigned project work on time with high degree of quality
- Successful track record of working collaboratively with others
- Proven ability to take on more complex issues and work
- 2+ years of knowledge of advanced technology hardware, including desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, and tablets
- 2+ years of experience with supporting desktop and laptops running on a windows platform
- 2+ years of experience installing and supporting enterprise applications via SCCM, Intune or other automation tools
- 2+ years of experience creating automation scripts via PowerShell, VB, or other scripting languages
- 2+ years of group policy management
- 2+ years of experience with Active directory
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including remote support tools and enterprise anti-virus tools
- Proven advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities such as packet capture or log file analysis
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience in maintaining task schedules, and meeting project deadlines required
- Experience conducting research into a wide range of hardware and software issues as required
- Experience supporting customers with technology issues
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.