About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 9 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 2 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
- Leads architectural strategy and implementation of enterprise computing solutions such as physical desktops, virtual desktops, app virtualization
- Leads and mentors all team members in related upgrades to ensure a healthy, secure, and stable infrastructure
- Leads and mentors all team members in complex troubleshooting to ensure root causes are identified and resolved
- Develops and reports against Client technologies KPI's to ensure critical business objectives are being met
- Monitor the Modern Workplace environment and proactively implement changes to reduce risk and minimize unplanned outage or performance issues
- Evaluate, recommend, implement, and maintain security hardening standards across Modern Workplace solutions and supporting systems
- Works on (or leads) advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge
- Evaluates, selects, integrates, and implements new system architectures, systems, tools, and processes
- Provides well-written technical documentation and demonstrate strong oral communication skills
- Lead other engineers, colleagues, consultants, and vendors to effectively analyze and resolve complex issues
- Serve as highest internal level of escalation for critical issues and develops root cause analysis and reporting
- Provide on-call support as needed by the business for 24x7 critical infrastructure operations
- Provides leadership in the planning and design of technology architecture roadmaps
- Bachelor's degree in a related Information Technology course of study or equivalent work training and experience required
- At least two Expert level certifications are required, must be obtained within one year of hire: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate and or other agreed upon exams
- 8+ Years of progressive experience as Modern Workplace Solutions Engineer or equivalent role
- 5+ years of architecture experience
- 5+ years of ITIL experience
- 5+ years of experience with project management
- Successful track record of meeting SLAs for assigned incidents with a higher degree of quality
- Successful Track record of completing assigned project work on time with high degree of quality
- Successful track record of working collaboratively with others
- Proven ability to take on the most complex issues and work
- Knowledge of advanced technology hardware and applications used in a healthcare environment
- 5+ years of experience with supporting desktop and laptops running on a windows platform
- 5+ Years of experience installing and supporting enterprise applications via SCCM, Intune or other automation tools
- 5+ years of experience creating automation scripts via PowerShell, VB or other scripting languages
- 5+ years of group policy management
- 5+ years of Active directory experience
- 5+ years Azure Active Directory experience
- Experience with enterprise applications, asset management tools, remote support tools and enterprise anti-virus tools
- Proven advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities including packet capture analysis, log file analysis and other diagnostic tools.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment for self and team members
- Experience in maintaining task schedules, and meeting project deadlines required
- Experience supporting customers with complex technology issues
- Expert with Desktop and server operating systems, including administration/management experience
- Experience conducting research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Has a diverse understanding of foundation architecture, hardware, and software.
- Ability to effectively lead, guide, direct and mentor staff
- Technical escalation point for staff
- Ability to identify root cause of issues and implement permanent resolutions
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.