About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 9 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 2 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
- Participates in the selection and implementation of enterprise IP-based telecom systems and services for the health system and adaptation of existing systems, based on the current strategy and roadmap
- Leads in many aspects, team's responsibilities including software and hardware
- Provides training and mentoring to others including level I and II engineers
- Continues to learn about a variety of the field¿s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Develops and implements policies & procedures for standardizing work activities
- Maintains inventory, drawings, and other documentation to represent areas of responsibility
- Identify, process, and procure equipment and services. Instructs others on the plan and deployment
- Leads contractors and consultants on projects and support
- Plans and accomplishes goals and communicates on a regular basis
- Develop plans and monitors and implements infrastructure projects utilizing established collaborative project execution methods
- Ensures that recoverability is a required component of all production infrastructure
- Works closely with Security group to ensure all solutions meet security and compliance requirements. Identifies opportunities for improvement
- Adheres to on-going development of Vidant IS project management methodology
- Helps promote the philosophical direction of Vidant IS in the adoption of IT Service Management (ITSM) by following IS governance and ITSM processes and ensuring ITSM subject matter expertise within the team
- Applies rigorous testing and quality assurance techniques to all system changes and strictly adheres to Change Control processes
- Bachelor's degree in a related Information Technology course of study or equivalent work training and experience required
- At least two Specialist level certifications are required, or must be obtained within one year of hire
- 5+ years or experience with Cisco Call Manager, Unity, and UCCX design, installation, and administration
- 3+ years of architecture experience
- 3+ years of ITIL experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 3+ years of experience providing PBX Support
- 3+ years of experience with SIP and VOIP design and support
- 3+ years of experience with Cisco Router and Cisco Catalyst
- 3+ years of experience with Cisco wireless
- 3+ years of experience with Virtual Server Technologies (VMware)
- Proven advanced analytical and problem-solving abilities such as packet capture or log file analysis
- Experience leading project teams to design and implement new solutions in areas of expertise
- Experience working in team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Independently motivated to seek knowledge in areas pertaining to their current position
- Self-educates and seeks knowledge from management of Vidant enterprise, Information Services environment relevant to their position
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.