About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
- Pick up and deliver various materials to off-site subsidiaries, entities and affiliates.
- Pick up Postal mail from US Postal Office and deliver to mail room. Checks affiliates post office boxes daily. Delivers correspondence and items to all entities.
- Sorts for delivery all mail and in-house correspondence for subsidiaries and affiliates. Delivery of mail/supplies for main building.
- Delivers prescription medications from Pharmacy and delivers to entities and affiliates.
- Picks up bank bag and delivers to Financial Services.
- Picks up and delivers diagnostic lab samples to and from entities and affiliates.
- Picks up bank deposits and delivers to Financial Services.
- Delivers correspondence to various physician offices, financial institutions, attorney offices, Federal/State offices including subsidiaries.
- Brings items to Receiving.
- Picks up lab specimens for delivery to state courier service pick up location.
- Picks up and delivers miscellaneous medical equipment.
- Picks up and delivers admissions records.
- Twice daily deliveries including printing, forms, copier supplies, stock items, non-stock items, dietary items, pharmacy items, and mail to campus locations.
- Assist Corporate and Hospital Administration with deliveries.
- Delivers Board materials to Board members, County Commissioners, physicians.
- Keeps vehicle clean, fueled, and reports needed repairs to Supervisor. Maintains full compliance with vehicle policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Run errands to off-site locations.
- Prepares Fed Express air/ground packages for shipment.
- High School or equivalent is required.
- Valid NC Driver's License is required.
- Basic training in People Soft and Pyxis systems in regard to inventory is preferred. Basic training in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the organizations e-mail system is preferred.
- More than 3 years but less than 4 years experience is required.
- Responsible experience in material handling, distribution, inventory management or related experience is preferred. Individuals experienced in People Soft and Pyxis software (in regard to inventory) and use of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint effectively is preferred.
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for the required education.
- Hours primarily Monday - Friday with hours on weekends as needed. Hours will be between 6:30 am - 9 pm.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.