This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 952190
Facility: Vidant Home Health
Location: Kenansville, NC
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2021
About Vidant Home Health and Hospice
At Vidant Home Health and Hospice, we believe that no family should have to face terminal illness or the death of a loved one alone. Our hospice team provides support for patients and the families of patients with a limited life expectancy. Using a team approach, we work to meet the special physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of our patients and families.
Provides support services for agency operations including filing and maintenance of patient charts and clinical records,
orders processing and billing and reimbursement function's.
1. Performs data entry of patient information into electronic medical record.
2. Organizes patient charts, clinical records, and other pertinent information in a timely manner. Maintains all patient care related documentation in patient's/client's medical records.
3. Distributes, tracks and monitors physician orders and plan of care to ensure receipt per policy guidelines.
4. Provides coordination and management of all Home Health and Hospice supply inventory.
5. Performs Reimbursement functions as needed.
6. Provides support in clerical functions. Performs switchboard duties.
7. Interacts with patient families, referring agencies and other stakeholders.
High School or equivalent is required.
Associate Degree in business, accounting, or health related field preferred.
One year of related experience may be substituted for one year of the required education with a maximum substitution of two years.
Minimum of two to three years of healthcare clerical experience preferred. Hospice or hospital palliative care experience preferred. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.