About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
This position is responsible for the implementation, enhancement, and support of software applications following industry standards and best practice. The analyst will be required to define requirements, system design, analysis, build/configuration, testing, implementation, documentation, and support the applications that meet the specifications of a project or service request.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Takes initiative to meet with end users for ongoing review of workflows associated with upcoming enhancements or system changes
- Performs the evaluation, testing, and implementation of defect patches, system upgrades and releases according to the Information Services support model and change control procedures
- Evaluates and recommends business process and technology driven enhancement opportunities based on application system upgrades, releases and patches
- Ability to effectively analyze and resolve simple to moderate issues
- Provides well-written and effective professional and technical documentation
- Independently manage individual work effort, including developing, executing, and monitoring of a work plan in addition to assisting work efforts of others
- Stays informed on current market trends and emerging technology developments that impact their application
- Determines solutions with minimal assistance and makes effective decisions within scope of authority
- Adheres to change management standards and established Service Level Agreements (SLA) for incidents and requests
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within the team by assisting and working collaboratively with others
- Holds self personally accountable to meet or exceed team expectations
- This position is required to rotate on-call responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Healthcare related field or relevant work experience required
- 2+ years of progressive experience in IT dealing with vendor application implementations and support or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience in testing software application
- Ability to effectively support applications
- Works independently with quantifiable and qualitative results
- Ability to conduct analysis, document findings, draft plans, execute, monitor and follow up
- Independently motivated to seek knowledge through self-education, mentoring, etc. in areas pertaining to their current position
- Recognized as a source of knowledge on primary applications both functional and technical operations
- Obtains and maintains current certification from the vendor and continued education/learning to understand the functionality of applications(s) supported as applicable to the job role
For individuals clinically trained
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical scope of practice and workflows for roles within clinical setting
- Applies clinical knowledge to develop solutions
- Ability to communicate clinical concepts to technical team and system design concepts to end users
- Understands application and clinical workflow
- Experience in system analysis with special emphasis on system methodologies, project management and business process reengineering related to information systems preferred
- Experience in health care setting preferred
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.