About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
This position will report to the Administrator of Revenue Management. The Director, Professional Billing implements and directs the operations for the VMG Insurance Department within the Central Business Office. Ensures Accounts Receivables Targets are met or exceeded through efficient but quality focused Insurance Department operations.
- Achieve established Performance Metrics to include but not limited to Days in Accounts Receivable, Insurance AR over 90 days, Productivity and Quality for the Vidant Medical Group Insurance Department. Utilize EPIC Dashboards and well as additional management tools to monitor departmental performance. Monitor WQ trends and adjust staffing assignments as needed to maximize collection of Accounts Receivable.
- Maintain expertise in Regulations and Contract Requirements for Professional Billing. Develop education for Professional Billing Team to ensure accurate billing and follow up for Vidant Medical Group services.
- Work with partners in the VMG Revenue Cycle in the Coding and Central Verification Office on issues that are impacted claims payments
- Lead VMG Insurance Department. Ensure department operations are efficient responsive to organizational needs and payer requirements. Develop reporting on payer issues impacting payment for senior leadership. Implement action plans to facilitate payment. Ability to analyze Insurance AR for aging accounts and address back log through operational improvements.
- Develop expertise in Vidant IT systems that support the billing and collections of Insurance AR. Maintain working knowledge of EPIC workflows and logic with in the Insurance Department. Review EPIC Upgrade notes for additional functionality and implement as needed to support operations. Attend regular meetings with Claim Vendor and review reporting with focus on increasing efficiency of claims submission.
- Review monthly denial reports for trends. Perform research to identify root cause of denial to support operations initiatives to reduce denials and improve capture of net revenue.
- Participate in workgroups for Vidant Initiatives that impact Revenue Cycle. Ensure Impacts to payments or compliance issues are appropriately considered.
- Bachelors Degree
- At least four years of Management experience in Professional billing environment
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required: (i.e. supervision, computers, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage, teach, make independent decisions and assume responsibility
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of staff
- Working knowledge and experience with PC-based applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Futuristic approach to the development of programs/systems that support continuous quality improvement and Mission, Vision, and Values
- Ability to function as a leader, team member and execute the desired outcomes
- Must exhibit creative, positive problem-solving abilities
- Ability to foster collaboration between multiple parties
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups
- Ability to think conceptually and apply concepts in a practical application
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information, and determines a course of action
- Ability to consider diverse opinions and incorporate them into the decision-making process
- Proven track record of implementing organization-wide projects
- Commitment to a high standard of customer service
- Excellent budget and financial management skills
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.