About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 9 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 2 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
This position is responsible for the implementation, enhancement, and support of software applications following industry standards and best practice. The analyst will be required to define requirements, system design, analysis, build/configuration, testing, implementation, documentation, and support the applications that meet the specifications of a project or service request.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Leads the development of and ensures the quality of project deliverables such as technical design documents, programs, interfaces, and test plans.
- Leads workgroups consisting of developers, functional analysts, DBAs, Infrastructure analyst, system administrators, and business users on system requirement gathering, analysis, design, testing and implementation
- Takes initiative to meet and get consensus with end users for ongoing review of processes and workflows associated with upcoming enhancements or system changes.
- Coordinates and performs cross functional team evaluation, testing, and implementation of defect patches, system upgrades and releases according to the Information Services support model and change control procedures.
- Proactively evaluates and recommends business process and technology driven enhancement opportunities based on application system upgrades, releases and patches.
- Ability to effectively analyze and resolve complex issues
- Provides well-written and effective professional and technical documentation.
- Demonstrates ability to manage small to medium scope projects following standards and procedures set by PMO methodology. Takes responsibility to make things happen and get things done for successful project delivery.
- Stays informed on current market trends and emerging technology developments that impact the department.
- Uses subject matter expertise to propose multiple alternatives and recommend optimal solution. Makes effective decisions for self and team within scope of authority.
- Adherence to Service Level Agreement (SLA). Recommends and coordinates activities with internal and external resources as needed to improve performance.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication in a professional style, both inside and outside of department, with customers in mind.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within the team by working collaboratively with others and facilitating cross-team involvement. Communicates strengths, shares expertise and draws upon other members skills to improve team and department performance.
- Holds self personally accountable to meet or exceed team expectations and reinforces behavior in others
- This position is required to rotate on-call responsibilities
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent work experience required
- 5 + years of progressive programming experience with 4+ years in ERP Financial, Supply Chain, or HCM software applications required
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Peoplesoft ERP or Allscripts EPSI/Eclipsis experience required
- Advanced experience documenting technical requirements using a structured methodology required
- Advanced experience in software test design, script development, test execution and documentation required
- Advanced experience in version control, maintenance and upgrades required
- Ability to effectively support multiple complex application modules
- Works independently and demonstrates ability to train and mentor others with quantifiable and qualitative results
- Independently motivated to seek knowledge through self-education, mentoring, etc. in areas pertaining to their current position
- Recognized as a source of knowledge and proactively functions in that capacity when sought after by others
- Experience in a multi-company or multi-facility system implementation or upgrade required
- Advanced knowledge of either HR, Supply Chain or Finance required
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in health care setting preferred
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.