About Vidant Health
Vidant Health is a regional health system serving 29 counties in eastern North Carolina. We are working every day to improve the health of the 1.4 million people we serve. Vidant Health is made up of 8 hospitals, physician practices, home health, hospice, wellness centers and other health care services. Vidant Medical Center is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant Health strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care. Our goal is to enhance services that are available locally and to eliminate barriers involving time, distance and lack of awareness that sometimes prevent patients from receiving the care they need.
- Program Management
- Process Improvement
- Department Support
- Utilizes principles of program management to effectively meet or exceed customer expectations
- Integrates information from various accrediting and regulatory compliance organizations in order to assist system wide staff in understanding complexities
- Sets goals and objectives in alignment with the system's mission, vision, values and strategic plan
- Participates in the development and implementation of long and short range strategies to ensure achievement of desired outcomes
- Actively participates in local, state, and national professional organizations that impact accreditation and regulatory compliance
- Identifies corporate accreditation and regulatory compliance needs based on changes in accreditation and regulatory requirements, national trends and system needs and coordinates development of reports with information systems
- Maintains knowledge base about fundamentals of accreditation and regulatory compliance
- Utilizes various tools, methods, and techniques to analyze data, identify system trends, and track progress on issues related to accreditation and regulatory compliance
- Participates on committees and task forces to facilitate accreditation and regulatory compliance at all levels of the organization
- Develops methods to share information and report data that are accurate, timely and understandable
- Plans, develops and coordinates accreditation and regulatory compliance educational programs based on identified changes in accreditation standards and regulations, system needs, regional priorities and national trends.
- Plans, develops and coordinates training for leadership, departments, entities, and other work groups to ensure effective methods and processes for accreditation and regulatory compliance are utilized.
- Plans, develops, and evaluates quality orientation and competency programs to ensure all staff across VIDANT MEDICAL CENTER achieve basic quality and patient safety competence.
- Maintains own knowledge base regarding accreditation and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Creates a climate to maintain and facilitate open communication for the promotion of effective working relationships, the dissemination of accreditation and regulatory compliance information and shared responsibility for leadership for the accreditation and regulatory compliance program.
- Conducts routine visits to VIDANT MEDICAL CENTER departments and VIDANT MEDICAL CENTER entities and makes recommendations for accreditation and regulatory compliance and improvement based on organizational assessment.
- Initiates meetings and collaborative partnerships with all levels of health system and medical staff.
- Communicates effectively to ensure the vice president is informed about important issues affecting the department.
- Coordinates departmental functions with other health system entities, departments, services, or community representatives on quality issues or projects
- Establishes timelines and deadlines with regards to the daily operations of the Corporate Accreditation Office
- Organizes and prioritizes work to meet deadlines and complete tasks
- Promotes customer service and public relations to increase staff awareness of services provided by the Corporate Accreditation Office.
- Maintains confidentiality of medical records and complies with all applicable state and federal regulations, including, but not limited to, HIPAA and HITECH
- BSN required
- Master's Degree in Nursing or Public Health preferred
- CQI Tools/QI Training required
- Statistical Process Control
- Process and Outcomes Management Facilitator Skills
- Quality Training Skills
- Computer software programs (MicroSoft programs)
- More than 3 years in a Quality Coordinator role, Nursing or unit based QI rep, case management or care management, experience in program evaluation.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.