About Vidant North Hospital
Vidant North Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 204-bed acute bed facility where residents of Halifax, Northampton and Warren counties in North Carolina and Mecklenburg, Brunswick and Greensville in Virginia receive a wide range of health services close to home. Vidant North Hospital’s team of more than 60 providers and 850 employees represent most medical specialties. In addition to 24-hour emergency care, we also offer intensive care, medical, surgical, orthopedic, behavioral health, rehabilitation and therapy services; a cardiac catheterization lab; and outpatient clinics. Our partnership with Vidant Health connects the communities we serve with broader access to various levels of care, enabling us to further customize treatment based on a patient’s unique needs.
- Assures healing without harm through use of safety habits and error prevention tools, periodic rounding, and engagement in daily safety huddle.
- Obtains and interprets initial and ongoing systematic patient/family assessment data, incorporating information from other appropriate sources.
- Uses patient/family assessment data to formulate relevant nursing plan of care.
- Collaborates with patient/family/significant others(s) and interdisciplinary team members to mutually formulate realistic and measurable outcomes based on clinical presentation and plan of care.
- Collaborates with the patient/family/significant others (s) and interdisciplinary team members to develop an individualized plan of care which includes learning needs to achieve optimal health and well-being and transition across the continuum.
- Implements and actions interventions identified in the plan of care with consideration for patients' needs across the life span.
- Systematically evaluates and documents patient's progress based on expected outcomes and ongoing basis as identified in the patient's plan of care.
- Uses informatics tools, principles, and practices to make health care safer, more effective, efficient, and patient centered by incorporating technologies into nursing practice.
- Collaborates with the health care team, shift to shift, discipline to discipline, site to site, in the organization of tasks and activities for the patient's care from admission to discharge according the plan of care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks/activities commensurate with educational preparation and demonstrated abilities of the persons supervised.
- Communicates effectively with patients/families and other members of the health care team.
- Promotes the professional development of self and team members.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement efforts.
- Analyzes clinical situations in a systematic way and acts to obtain resources or correct problems to best meet the patient's health care needs.
- Demonstrates team behaviors to support the effectiveness of the health care team and provides feedback to team members as appropriate.
- May mentor and develop new graduate or experienced nurses as well as students training in the organization.
- May develop and serve in a leadership role at the unit level.
- Partners with unit leadership on quality and/or research initiatives to improve patient outcomes.
- Associate Degree or higher
- 2 - 4 years experience is required.
- Current NC RN license or licensure to practice in a participating Nurse Licensure Compact state Health Care Provider is required.
- Basic Life Support is required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required: (i.e. supervision, computers, etc.)
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet the twenty four (24) hour needs of the patients.
- Possess organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to utilize effective and confidential communication in patient, interdisciplinary, and staff relationships.
- Maintains stable performance levels under conditions of pressure and multiple demands.
- Working knowledge and experience with PC-based applications
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.