Job ID: 950163
Facility: Vidant Medical Center
Location: Greenville, NC
Date Posted: May 3, 2021
About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
The pharmacy resident will learn to optimize the development of their clinical practice skills through critical thinking and problem solving while acquiring the knowledge needed to promote high quality, cost effective drug therapy for VMC patients.
1. Applies knowledge of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and clinical therapeutics in various patient care settings.
2. Provides education of health care professionals regarding drug use.
3. Performs medication use evaluation and continuous quality improvement activities.
4. Initiates and participates in drug related research.
5. Actively participates in committees where medication use is required.
6. Assists in the organization, planning, coordination, budgeting and implementation of departmental service.
7. Participates in formulating and implementing departmental policy and procedure.
8. Develops interpersonal communication skills and problem-solving abilities.
9. Understands and provides drug distribution services to various patient care areas.
10. Recognizes and adheres to the standards of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
PhD in PharmD
Graduate of an accredited school of Pharmacy with hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
Pharmacy residents are required to become duly licensed in the state of North Carolina within sixty (60) days of hire.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.