About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
The Medical Staff Services Data Analyst is responsible for maintaining and optimizing functionality of computer systems and databases utilized by entity staff for provider credentialing, privileging and professional practice evaluation functions.
- Ongoing assessment of ECHO functionality for identification and implementation of optimization opportunities to increase accuracy and efficiency of credentialing, privileging and professional practice evaluation functions
- Development and implementation of enterprise-wide transition of entity credentialing, privileging and professional practice evaluation process from paper to ECHO
- Liaison for entity design, build and training outcomes between corporate IT, business owners and software vendor
- Establish software standards and workflows for the entity credentialing, privileging and professional practice evaluation processes across the enterprise
- In coordination with the ECHO System Administrator, conduct data import/export with SQL manipulation
- Support entity issues, including issues with vendors and the health system¿s information systems department
- Test, track and monitor the system data for accuracy, integrity, quality and reliability
- Assess learning needs, develop curriculum, tutorials, job aides, etc. and deliver entity-level ECHO training and education programs via classroom and web-ex settings for new and existing entity staff
- Involvement in implementation and maintenance of current and future ECHO modules supporting credentialing, privileging and professional practice evaluation (i.e. provider assessment portal, peer review module, electronic reappointment application, etc.) including go-live support, application and technical support and updates, and complex triage/troubleshooting assistance
- Engage in data management to support entity staff responsible for credentialing, privileging and professional practice evaluation
- Build new and edit existing ECHO workflows, filters, letters, reports, etc. to optimize entity¿s use of ECHO to support credentialing, privileging and professional practice evaluation functions
- Participate in departmental functions:
- a. Works in harmony and unison with all personnel within the department and throughout Vidant Health
- b. Promotes and assists in the smooth, efficient delivery of departmental services to providers, other Vidant Health departments, and outside agencies
- c. Performs needed departmental projects
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- a. Attends all required educational offerings annually
- b. Demonstrates departmental and professional growth
- c. Operates personal computer, copying machine, and fax machine
- d. It is the responsibility of each employee to work in a safe environment
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Three to four years related experience
- Computer Science, Information Management, Project Management, Engineering or related education and/or experience desired. Increased technical experience in a database administrator or information systems role; Medical Staff, Credentials
- Verification Office and/or healthcare experience, with recent experience in a hospital or similar setting; experience in SAP Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL and data management
Preferred Position Requirements
- Five to seven years related experience
- Experience with ECHO credentialing database
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.