About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
- Responds to Work Request, proceeds to location of trouble; troubleshoots to determine the nature of the problem, makes repairs as necessary documenting action taken in TMS, by use of IPAD.
- Maintains equipment by responding to Work Request, direction of supervisior or discovering issues through routine checks and inspections of assigned areas.
- Responds to emergency situations, including fire alarms, elevator failures and equipment failures.
- Participates in weekend shift rotatation support.
- Obtains scheduled assigned preventative maintenance. Perfoms work as indicated on PM task for, designated equipment, systems, or building components. Documents actions taken, recording equipment history and time charges utilizing IPAD. Reports all changes of PM data to the Quality Control Technition.
- Utiliizes all hand tools including wrenches, screwdrivers, nut drivers, sockets, hand power tools, including drills and saws. Operates drill presses, torches and grinders. Utilizes tap and die sets, specialty drill bits, extractors, rivet and staple guns and other related tools. Utilizes step ladders, extension ladders and man lifts. Performs task utilizing dollies, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- High School plus 2 years or more formal training or education. An additional 2 years of education may be substituted for 2 years of the required experience.
- Industrial Maintenance or related degree is required.
- Welding, Plumbing, Electrical, Electronics and Computers is required.
- 2 Years related experience may be substituted for education beyond high school. This experience can be obtained working in the field of Electrical, Plumbing, Electronics, Property Management, Industrial Maintenance or related Military Maintenance Training.
- Mininum 5 years experience in Property Management, Industrial Maintenance, Refrigeration Contractor or Electrical Contractor is required.
- NC Drivers license required
- Full time vacancy, 7;00 am - 3:30 pm.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.