About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 9 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 2 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
This position is responsible for the implementation, enhancement, and support of the EpicCare Ambulatory module of Epic following industry standards and best practice. The analyst will be required to define requirements, system design, analysis, build/configuration, testing, implementation, documentation, and support the applications that meet the specifications of a project or service request.
Work Complexity (Technical Competencies)
- Responsible for identification, analysis, testing and implementation of system build and upgrades
- Participates in meetings with end users for ongoing review of workflows and makes recommendations in accordance with organization and regulatory requirements; updates workflow documentation appropriately
- Performs duties collaboratively with keen attention to detail, maintaining data integrity across applications with understanding of customer impacts
- Ability to learn new skills quickly; manages multiple priorities and assignments with guidance
Accountability and Reliability
- Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, following IS Standards of Behavior, governance and performance management processes and coaching team members to do the same
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions while acknowledging and correcting own mistakes; pays attention to details
- Completes work in a manner that accomplishes the desired results and exceeds standards of acceptability while avoiding re-work
- With assistance, determines solutions while considering multiple alternatives to resolve problems
Communication and Teamwork
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication, applying these skills to facilitate mutual understanding to build consensus
- Takes initiative to communicate with customers, peers and management while requesting assistance as needed
- Interacts with team members and customers in a courteous, respectful and reciprocal manner with development of effective working relationships with others
- Communicates strengths, shares expertise and draws upon other members skills to improve team performance while supporting, recognizing and valuing other team member contributions
- Holds self personally accountable to meet or exceed team expectations; acknowledges and celebrates the achievements of team and teammates
- Respects team processes and supports team decisions; actively participates in team decision-making
- Associate degree with equivalent experience or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Healthcare related field or relevant work experience required
- Experience in testing software application with the ability to effectively support applications
- Works independently with quantifiable and qualitative results
- Ability to conduct analysis, document findings, draft plans, execute, monitor and follow up
- Independently motivated to seek knowledge through self-education, mentoring, etc. in areas pertaining to their current position
- Obtains and maintains current certification(s) from the vendor and continued education/learning to understand the functionality of applications(s) supported as applicable to the job role
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical scope of practice and workflows for roles within clinical setting and applies clinical knowledge to develop solutions
- Understands application and clinical workflow with the ability to communicate clinical concepts to technical team and system design concepts to end users
- Familiarity with Epic
- Experience in system analysis with special emphasis on system methodologies, project management and business process reengineering related to information systems preferred.
Experience in health care setting preferred
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.