About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 9 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 2 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
Work Complexity (Technical Competencies)
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve very complex problems / issues
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Keen attention to detail
- Deep knowledge of multiple methods of problem resolution
- Can get to the root cause of problem quickly and begin problem resolution
- Able to think issues out logically and totally
- Understands big picture and intricacies of the work and its affect on customers
- Understands connections
- Adept at multi-tasking
- Performs duties collaboratively, engendering cooperation rather that competition among fellow colleagues
- Proactively researches hardware / software market place trends in healthcare industry and makes recommendations based upon research
Independence and Leadership skills
- Independently manages own work efforts. Effectively guides work of other team members, colleagues and project teams.
- Demonstrates ability to manage medium to large scope projects following standards and procedures set by PMO methodology. Takes responsibility to make things happen and get things done for successful project delivery.
- Develops team/department goals and strategies, helps communicate and generate active interest and support among team to achieve goals.
- Identifies process and performance improvement opportunities; proposes ideas, solutions and implements action plans to enhance team and departmental functions.
- Actively promotes collaboration and strives to achieve team and organizational goals while mentoring and coaching others.
- Provides leadership and best practices in area of expertise through presentations, publishing, teaching/training others and promoting continuous learning and improvement throughout the team. Embraces, promotes and leads change and innovation by example.
- Able to provide leadership for team and represent team interests to others inside/outside dept on behalf of manager
Organization and Industry Knowledge
- Stays informed on current market trends and emerging technology developments that impact the organization and industry.
- Ability to anticipate system implications.
- Demonstrates commitment to learning by actively participating in dept/organizational meetings, committees, forums, improvement efforts, training opportunities and career development goals.
- Assumes an active role in external professional organizations. Demonstrates best practice knowledge and subject matter expertise to the organization.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions. Does not make excuses for errors. Acknowledges and corrects own mistakes, following the Just Culture Model
- Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, following IS Standards of Behavior, governance and performance management processes and reinforces through measurement
- Pays attention to details. Completes work, which is thorough, complete and does not require assignment to be redone. Work is completed in a manner that accomplishes the desired results and significantly exceeds standards of acceptability
High Reliability (Problem Solving Skills)
- Remains constantly aware of how processes and systems affect the organization, what is or isnt working as they perform work and deliver services
- Doesnt make assumptions. Asks questions about the processes even if (especially if) theyve been in place forever. Constantly examines data and metrics in problem definition, and is willing to challenge long-held beliefs
- Considers all possible alternatives to resolve work problems as well as organizational change impact. Recognizes sources of available information and obtains and documents detailed facts using advanced techniques
- Uses subject matter expertise to determine optimal solution and implements plans that resolve complex problems. Coaches other team members on problem solving techniques
- Develops and monitors trends and reporting to determine and implement proactive actions to prevent issues from occurring in the future
Quality and Safety
- Understands the importance of and ensures team compliance with incident and service request responsiveness and adherence to Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements to minimize business disruptions and safety risks. Develops and implements actions with internal and external resources as needed to improve performance
- Understands the risks and consequences that errors could have on patient care and/or organizational finances. Establishes a plan and coordinates work to mitigate risk
Interpersonal Relationship Skills
- Interacts with team members and customers in a courteous, respectful and reciprocal manner
- Develops effective working relationships with others
- Demonstrates attentive and active listening
- Manages stressful situations and engages in crucial conversations with composure and a focus on desired outcomes. Honest and caring feedback is provided, oriented toward problem solving and removing obstacles
- Strives for Win-Win solutions with every interaction, impacting positively on self, team and organization
- Fosters coaching, feedback and listening skills as strategic tools for individual and team growth and development
- Demonstrates ability to produce excellent written and verbal communications for all audiences and scenarios. Matches communication style to the message and the audience.
- Develops written material to support large-scale initiatives or projects
- Able to present controversial or complex information to large, diverse audiences in a meaningful, understandable way
- Promotes transparency and awareness through communication in multiple forms, with appropriate and responsible levels of depth and timeliness
- Ensures flow of communication both up and down the chain of command
- Develops shared vision, goals, objectives and values and gains understanding and support from team
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within the team by working collaboratively with others and providing opportunities for involvement of team. Communicates strengths, shares expertise and draws upon other members skills to improve team performance and fosters the same sharing among team members
- Recognizes, values and supports other team member contributions
- Ensures team processes are respected and adhered to across team
- Facilitates decision making and helps develop teams confidence and ability to make effective decisions. Respects and reinforces team decisions once they are made
- Holds self personally accountable to meet or exceed team expectations monitors and reinforces behavior in others
- Acknowledges and celebrates the achievements of teammates. Ensures achievements are visible, communicated and recognized across team and department
- High School or greater degree is required
- Three to four years related experience
- Zero to One Approved related IT certifications
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.