About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 9 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 2 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
The Lead Analytics Architect & Administrator is responsible for providing leadership, direction and implementation of best-in-class industry technical solutions for Analytic Infrastructure Services. Primary technology focus' include Tableau, SAP Business Objects, Informatica EDC/Axon, GitHub, and Immuta but may grow to include other business intelligence and analytic technologies. The scope of the Lead Analytics Architect & Administrator position has a lead role in design, development, implementation, administration, and support to meet business capabilities and needs.
The Lead Analytics Architect & Administrator plays an important role as a member of Vidant's Enterprise Data and Analytics team that is focused on enterprise analytics and data management initiatives for the health system. The Lead communicates effectively and interacts with departments across the organization as necessary, including the development and interpretation of highly complex requirements for peers and other staff. Leverages business and technology knowledge to enable and/or alter business processes, practices, organizations and systems. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and best in class industry business trends and practices. The Lead Analytics Architect & Administrator will set and implement standards and mentor less experienced team members.
- Responsible for application server, database server (including Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, and PostgreSQL) and internal analytics systems administration, support, and operations
- Lead the design, build and implementation of enterprise-class analytic systems and ensures they are aligned to standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology
- Evaluate and undertakes impact analysis on more complex major design options. Ensure that the system architecture balances functional, service quality and systems management requirements
- Recommend and uses appropriate tools, including models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of more complex architectures. Take a lead role to produce detailed component requirements, specifications and translates these into detailed solutions/designs for implementation using selected products. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development, integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and processes
- Identify the technical, organizational, and physical environment in which more complex products or systems will operate. Identify, propose, initiate, and lead significant improvement programs, taking responsibility for the quality and appropriateness of the work performed and the realization of measurable business benefits
- Ensure the resolution of a variety of more complex architecture and business problems and serves as a technical or business lead for highly complex security project initiatives
- Applies ITIL Service Management to all analytics technologies used by Enterprise Data & Analytics team members while managing expectations of customers, partners and management. Participate in customer walkthroughs and plans; design and technical walkthroughs; and problem resolution and decision making
- Interact with departments across the organization as necessary, including the development and interpretation of highly complex requirements for peers and other staff. Regular collaboration with the analytic business owners, leadership and staff
- Provide leadership and mentoring in the areas of expertise and architecture to their peers, developers, management and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training by preparing presentations on more complex issues on the area of expertise and presenting to their peers to ensure consistency to the organization's strategic direction
- Manages system security, user provisioning and license compliance for all BI products
- Produce thorough, accurate, and clear documentation to ensure that the system is supportable by other team members
- Keep abreast of current trends related to Tableau and other BI technologies. Recommend tools, methods, and skill sets for adoption in order to develop and maintain leading edge analytics capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math or related field
- At least four years of experience with Tableau Server and operating system hardware and/or software components in a large, complex IT environment. Hands-on experience with Informatica Axon/EDC, SAP Business Objects Enterprise, and GitHub Enterprise a plus
- Two years leadership experience
- Experience in BI platform system administration with version control, configuration management, tuning and troubleshooting along with direct user support
- Experience as Tableau administrator, developing in, configuring and administering Tableau Server, ideally in a Windows environment. Administration experience with Informatica Axon and EDC, SAP Business Objects and SAS a plus
- Strong experience with the entire Tableau Ecosystem. This includes: TSM, Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop. Understanding of Tableau licenses structures and Tableau Security
- Knowledge of Tableau Server best practices for scalability, performance, content management and governance
- Familiarity with a wide variety of databases and platforms (SQL, Oracle, AWS, Snowflake)
- Ability to work closely with business users, BI Developers, DBAs, ETL developers, and team members to understand and execute business needs
- Demonstrated project management skills using agile methodology including ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and follow through on completion of high-profile projects
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to balance innovation with adherence to pre-determined standards and guidelines including data privacy and security
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.