Job ID: 948701
Facility: Vidant Medical Center
Location: Greenville, NC
Date Posted: May 12, 2021
About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited, 900+ bed regional referral facility encompassing a Level-1 Trauma Center and extensive inpatient and outpatient services including intensive and intermediate care, pediatrics, bariatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, pain management and psychiatry. Vidant Medical Center has received Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet® recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and professional practice.
1. Manages the surgical area operationally, clinically and fiscally.
2. Verifies that perioperative team members provide safe patient care within surgical services.
3. Incorporates and assists perioperative team members with assimilating evidence-based practices into patient care.
4. Assists perioperative team members in evaluating practice and creating strategies for further process improvement.
5. Verifies that educational resources are available for the surgical team education and hold team members accountable for attendance and completion.
6. Coordinates, facilitates, and manages positive change within the surgical services.
7. Demonstrates effective communication, consultation, negotiation, and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
8. Collects and analyzes data related to performance improvement projects that apply to surgical services.
9. Uses effective conflict resolution techniques.
10. Facilitates and serves as part of the perioperative leadership team in planning patient care and strategic initiatives.
11. Evaluates Specialty Coordinators' ongoing clinical performance and specialty accountability.
12. Oversees, mentors and coaches surgical staff and specialty coordinators.
13. Responsible for the selection, engagement and development of team members.
14. Monitors that necessary surgical staff, equipment, and supplies are readily available to provide patient care.
15. Verifies surgical team member compliance with organizational policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation standards.
16. Ensures performance management of team members by providing ongoing feedback and coaching on job performance, competencies, value based behaviors and developmental needs.
17. Exhibits professional, interpersonal, and communication skills.
18. Uses effective project management principals.
19. Pursues professional growth and participate in a professional organization.
20. Acts as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
For more information, please contact:
Gio Valverde, Nurse Recruiter
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.