About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
- Performs service, maintenance, & repairs on all types of gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles.
- Ability to use tools and equipment necessary to perform maintenance and repairs to vehicles. Must furnish own hand tools and lockable cabinet.
- Ability to perform basic level of diagnostics and troubleshooting vehicle problems to determine and reference to established standards what repairs are required.
- Ability to use a variety of data and information such as safety regulations, work orders, equipment maintenance and repair manuals, diagrams and schematics, parts manuals, and computerized diagnostics programs.
- Coordinates preventive maintenance schedules for fleet vehicles.
- Performs basic computer skills and documentation.
- Maintains parts and supplies for vehicles.
- May assist with authorizing and scheduling repairs with outside vendors.
- On call duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school plus 1 year but less than 2 years of formal training or education in a vocational or technical school in automotive technology or certifications in automotive mechanics from ASE or manufacturer.
- Must maintain a N.C. Class A CDL Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement required within 1st 6 months from hire date or be licensed in the state that one resides and maintain the Vidant Health required minimum insurance limits.
- NC Auto Safety Inspection/Federal Inspection certifications required within one year from hire date. One recognized ASE Certification within 18 months from hire date.
- Must have more than 2 years but less than 3 years progressively related experience. Mechanical experience in a dealership or other automotive/truck repair shop should include the use of tools and equipment used to perform maintenance and repairs on cars and trucks, including diagnostics of engine and drive train electronic control systems.
- Mechanical experience in diagnosing and repair of ambulances or other type emergency vehicles would be a plus. Two years additional automotive experience may be substituted for the required education, provided ASE certification received within one year of employment.
- Full time, rotating shifts 7:00 am - 3:30 pm and 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.