About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
The Physician Marketing Specialist is responsible for providing marketing and communications support to the physician outreach department. Development and design of communication to the physician audience across all channels to maximize the growth of physicians and services at Vidant Health. Work aligns with the annual outreach plan for identified service lines, markets and initiatives.
- Using subject matter expertise and technical knowledge, leads execution of physician marketing and communications initiatives such as: traditional, digital, social media and other electronic communications, sales collateral, special events, outreach support and innovative physician introductions
- Develop presentations, researching and reporting on competitor marketing efforts, collecting and developing technical physician focused content to be purposed in a variety of communication vehicles and marketing channels
- Serves as lead copywriter and project manager for assigned marketing and communications projects and collateral materials – takes assigned projects from concept through implementation, including copywriting for social media and other electronic communications methodologies, as appropriate
- Responsible for supporting Vidant Health growth strategies. Supports planning and execution for initiatives and projects that support support service lines, strategic priorities and physician outreach goals
- Assists with management of marketing and printing budget, as well as relationships with marketing and communications department and print vendors on contract
- Actively collaborates with department, division, and corporate marketing and communications team members as well as external contractors, agencies and freelancers, including graphic designers, photographers, videographers, digital web team and physicians to achieve desired outcomes
- Sources and manages inventory for promotional items and collateral. Interfaces with campus print shop and approved vendors. Purchases and maintains supplies
- Stays up to date on physician marketing trends and make recommendations for activities and initiatives
- Monitors marketing activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, and resolution of any issues that arise
- Develops communications plans and strategies, writes copy, and creates presentations as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Mass Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business, Marketing, Advertising, Health Science or similar field
- Three or more years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or advertising in healthcare, medical office or pharmaceutical environments
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Working knowledge of social media sites for business, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Strong time management and organizational skills with sharp attention to details
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Mass Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business, Marketing, Advertising, Health Science or similar field
- 5-7 years of experience in communications, public relations, marketing or advertising in healthcare, medical office or pharmaceutical environments
- Basic working knowledge of Publisher, Visio, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Adobe InDesign as well as video platforms
- Technical writing ability for complex medical content styled to the physician audience
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.