About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
A Senior Business Consultant will provide objective advice and apply broad-based knowledge to support Vidant Health leadership in solving issues, creating value, maximizing growth, and improving overall business performance. This position provides leadership within the Systems and Procedures Division and Vidant Health by managing moderate to large scale internal business consulting engagements and other assigned projects by; 1) Identifying and defining opportunities for improvement, 2) Providing detailed analysis and an objective perspective of identified opportunities for improvement, 3) Leading the development of improvement plans and recommendations, and 4) Supporting the implementation of recommended plans to drive sustainable improvement. The work performed supports all Vidant Health entities, corporate functions, and affiliates and involves strategic initiatives, as well as business and clinical operations.
- Initiate, plan, and execute internal consulting services throughout the enterprise.
- Coordinate, manage, and oversee internal consulting engagements and other assigned projects. This position is expected to define the scope of work, objectives, and deliverables with minimal guidance from the Systems and Procedures leadership, as well as independently manage cross-functional project teams to achieve project outcomes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by providing responsive and effective support, developing solid working relationships, and delivering high-quality, value adding services that exceed customer expectations.
- Identify and clearly define organizational challenges and opportunities through consultations and meetings with Vidant Health leadership.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis using information collected through data collection, interviews, facilitated focus groups, workshops, observations, process mapping, etc.
- Provide analytical support for various organizational and clinical service initiatives.
- Utilize technology solutions to identify opportunities for margin improvement.
- Gather benchmarking data and complete external best practice research.
- Guide discovery processes to enable effective decision-making.
- Collaborate with clinical and operational leadership to review identified opportunities and outline requirements for implementation.
- Communicate with project sponsors to keep them informed of project progress.
- Think critically, logically, and creatively to identify solutions and recommendations that address problems and opportunities identified by Vidant Health leadership.
- Leverage study results to coordinate the design, development, testing (pilot programs or small tests of change), implementation, and monitoring of recommended improvement plans.
- Prepare and present findings and recommendations to Vidant Health leadership in a way that adds value, is easily understood, and leads to improved business performance.
- Assist and support Vidant Health leadership in the implementation of identified and approved recommendations, where appropriate.
- Stay abreast of best practices in the healthcare industry and apply findings to organizational improvement activities.
- Continually increase knowledge, skills, and abilities through educational and training activities and developmental assignments.
- Provide support and guidance to other business consultants, where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Time management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity. Possess independent judgment and initiative.
- Analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both writing and speaking. Need to possess good listening skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with Vidant Health team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to think objectively, critically, logically, and creatively to address identified problems and opportunities.
- Must show initiative and desire for continual self-development and learning.
- Knowledge of project management and process improvement principles, methodologies, and approaches.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Comfort with interacting and communicating with senior leadership.
- Master's Degree or higher
- Three to four years related experience
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.