About Vidant Health
Vidant Health is a regional health system serving 29 counties in eastern North Carolina. We are working every day to improve the health of the 1.4 million people we serve. Vidant Health is made up of 8 hospitals, physician practices, home health, hospice, wellness centers and other health care services. Vidant Medical Center is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant Health strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care. Our goal is to enhance services that are available locally and to eliminate barriers involving time, distance and lack of awareness that sometimes prevent patients from receiving the care they need.
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing, the Marketing Specialist position supports the development and execution of all work originating in the Marketing Department.
Marketing Specialists work closely with assigned key areas of Vidant Health as the strategic liaison for internal business partners and external vendors to ensure alignment with corporate objectives and plans. Primary responsibilities include helping assigned Manager of Marketing plan, develop and execute marketing and communications plans, solution discovery, service management, and relationship management.
The Marketing Specialists are able to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. The ability to communicate clearly, build trusted relationships and alliances, listen, mitigate risk in order to facilitate the development, implementation and evaluation of integrated brand, marketing and communications initiatives to achieve strategic and financial objectives for strategic business units are essential for the role.
Employs project management techniques to help support the successful implementation of marketing and communications plans on schedule and on budget.
- Projects positive behavior to department staff, team members and guests as evidenced by direct observation and feedback from others
- Works closely with entire marketing and communications team to diffuse and adopt best practices, leverage expertise and shared resources, avoid duplication of efforts and achieve cost efficiencies
- Collaboratively work with creative and other resources to design, execute and validate effectiveness of marketing campaigns that support the overall strategic marketing plan
- Creates, maintains and monitors implementation schedules and work flow processes; develops, recommends and manages project schedules, manages and reports progress against approved implementation plan with client and internal division team members. Holds team members accountable for delivering agreed upon deliverables on time and according the project scope and charter
- Monitors metrics to evaluate effectiveness of campaigns and effectively communicate to Manager of Marketing on a defined timeline as noted in the plan
- Supports implementation of approved budget for all facets of the implementation plan in support of the client's goals and objectives
- Demonstrates and evokes highly developed problem-solving skills. SMs remain aware of how processes and systems affect the organization including what is or isn't working as they perform work and deliver services. Exhibits intellectual curiosity by asking questions about processes and procedures and always looks to improve them. Utilizes data and metrics to truly define the problem. Considers multiple alternatives in order to resolve issues, barriers or problems. Determines solutions with minimal assistance and makes effective decisions within scope of authority. Seeks to understand data and trends and brings ideas forward to prevent issues from occurring in the future.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the business of Vidant Health, keeping abreast of emerging trends and the competitive environment; continuously evaluating these impacts and recommend changes to strategy as needed
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of Marketing and Communications and its services and assigned department(s)/business units to identify and communicate how Marketing and Communications solutions can support the achievement of short-term and long- term business goals
- Personal Accountability
- Demonstrates personal initiative to identify issues and recommend solutions with internal and external clients
- Displays strong organizational and time management skills
- Acts in a professional manner in all interactions with others
- Respects opinions of others, acting with integrity
- Owns all aspects of their assigned key areas
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Three to four years related experience
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal and written Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of staff
- Individual should have high energy with the ability to organize/prioritize workload
- Proficiency with PC-based applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to function as a team member and execute the desired outcomes
- Must exhibit creative, positive problem-solving abilities Ability to foster collaboration between multiple parties Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts to groups
- Ability to think conceptually and apply concepts in a practical application
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze information, and determine a course of action Ability to consider diverse opinions
- Commitment to a high standard of customer service
- Master's Degree or higher
- Healthcare Experience
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.