About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a 900+ bed Level-1 Trauma Center, regional referral hospital and is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. We serve as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center provides acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties. But it's in our work environment that you'll find our sense of family and closeness that permeates everything we do.
- Assures healing without harm through use of safety habits and error prevention tools, periodic rounding, and engagement in daily safety huddle
- Obtains and interprets initial and ongoing systematic patient/family assessment data, incorporating information from other appropriate sources.
- Uses patient/family assessment data to formulate relevant nursing plan of care.
- Collaborates with patient/family/significant others(s) and interdisciplinary team members to mutually formulate realistic and measurable outcomes based on clinical presentation and plan of care.
- Collaborates with the patient/family/significant others (s) and interdisciplinary team members to develop an individualized plan of care which includes learning needs to achieve optimal health and well-being and transition across the continuum.
- Implements and actions interventions identified in the plan of care with consideration for patients' needs across the life span.
- Systematically evaluates and documents patient's progress based on expected outcomes and ongoing basis as identified in the patient's plan of care.
- Uses informatics tools, principles, and practices to make health care safer, more effective, efficient, and patient centered by incorporating technologies into nursing practice.
- Collaborates with the health care team, shift to shift, discipline to discipline, site to site, in the organization of tasks and activities for the patient's care from admission to discharge according the plan of care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks/activities commensurate with educational preparation and demonstrated abilities of the persons supervised.
- Communicates effectively with patients/families and other members of the health care team.
- Promotes the professional development of self and team members.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement efforts.
- Analyzes clinical situations in a systematic way and acts to obtain resources or correct problems to best meet the patient's health care needs.
- Demonstrates team behaviors to support the effectiveness of the health care team and provides feedback to team members as appropriate.
- Associate Degree or Diploma is required.
- Bachelors Degree is preferred.
- 0 - 2 years experience is required.
- Current NC RN license or licensure to practice in a participating Nurse Licensure Compact state Health Care Provider is required.
- Basic Life Support is required.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required: (i.e. supervision, computers, etc.)
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet the twenty four (24) hour needs of the patients.
- Possess organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to utilize effective and confidential communication in patient, interdisciplinary, and staff relationships.
- Maintains stable performance levels under conditions of pressure and multiple demands.
- Working knowledge and experience with PC-based applications.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.