About Vidant Health
Vidant Health is a regional health system serving 29 counties in eastern North Carolina. We are working every day to improve the health of the 1.4 million people we serve. Vidant Health is made up of 8 hospitals, physician practices, home health, hospice, wellness centers and other health care services. Vidant Medical Center is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant Health strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care. Our goal is to enhance services that are available locally and to eliminate barriers involving time, distance and lack of awareness that sometimes prevent patients from receiving the care they need.
The Director of Revenue Cycle Accounting is responsible for coordinating the overall functions of cash management for Vidant Health to effectively reduce the outstanding receivables in a timely manner for Vidant Health Hospitals.
- Ensures compliance with all cash management rules and regulations to optimize cash flow and effectively reduce the outstanding receivables in a timely manner for all Vidant Health.
- Analyzes internal control flows and individual patient accounts to ensure the posting process and systems are working effectively. Recommends and develops new procedures to improve the quality and quantity of posting payments, performing cashiering functions and approving GL entries. Ensures timely processing of day end, month end and year end processes
- Performs quality control by reviewing individual patient accounts, daily balancing tasks and general ledger entries. Identify opportunities for improvement, promoting productivity and to ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures
- Responsible for all EFT agreements and transfers for hospital billing. Directs the posting of ACH credits for patient accounting to the appropriate general ledger account through Treasury. Works with IT and Accounting to ensure accurate general ledger mapping of payment and adjustment procedure codes
- Responsible for coordinating with SSI, commercial and governmental payers, banks, and Information Systems to support the automated posting of healthcare remittance advices and patient payments for all Vidant Health hospitals. Understanding of and experience with Ansi X12 EDI 835 transactions sets and specifications. Understanding of and experience with Epic posting and remittance requirements and protocols. Communicates system issues on a timely basis and keeps current on new system enhancements
- Reviews and approves the revenue cycle reconciliations of all Vidant Health hospitals for accuracy and completeness. Assists in the preparation of reports provided to auditors and management
- Reviews third party payer bulletins and contracts. Evaluates and communicates the posting/adjustments, contractual allowance requirements and coordinates the implementation of any changes
- 8. Handles the staff hiring/firing, performance evaluations, and work schedules. Provides direction and guidance to supervisors and staff. Coordinates and directs departmental meetings. Ensures that hospital requirements are being accomplished.
- 9. Develops and coordinates training for all staff on posting/accounting requirements.
- Four year degree in Accounting (preferred) or Business is required
- 5 years of experience with cash management, treasury, accounting, third party payers or auditing is required
- Supervisory experience is required
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.