Vidant Medical Center Administrative Fellowship Program
Vidant Medical Center offers a 12-month administrative fellowship program that provides post-gradute candidates the opportunity to gain training and management experience in a large and diverse health care system.
Our fellowship is a leadership development experience designed to attract and retain emerging talent in the field of health care administration. Throughout the fellowship experience, fellows will:
- Lead and participate in projects that will ultimately contribute value to the organization's strategic framework and operational imperatives
- Gain exposure to key service lines, departments and core functions of the organization
- Gain extensive exposure to the hospital and health system's executive leadership team and decision making processes
- Experience and benefit from formal, organizational and professional development opportunities
The senior vice presidents serve as the preceptors for the program and help the fellows reach program and personal goals by providing guidance and feedback on opportunities and progress.
Vidant Medical Center is a $1.5 billion enterprise with a staff of more than 6,500 people dedicated to the inter-related missions of medical education, biomedical research and patient care. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Management and executive exposure
Fellows have the opportunity to gain exposure to strategic and operational meetings. This exposure include the opportunity to observe Vidant Medical Center leadership meetings to include but not limited to:
- Administrative Council
- Hospital Operations Team
- Nurse Executive Council
- Divisional Service Line Executive Committees
- Vidant Medical Center Board Meetings
Each fellow is allowed to travel to one education conference during the residency period. Examples include the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) Education Conference and the National Association of Health Services Executives (NAHSE) Education Conference.
Compensation and benefits
Vidant Medical Center fellows will receive a compensation package that is competitive with other fellowship programs. Fellows will receive the same benefits as other Vidant Medical Center employees, including medical, vision, dental, flexible spending accoutns, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, 401k, vacation and sick leave.