Vidant Medical Group - Vidant Medical Center
Physician Assistant, Critical Care, Neurological Surgery, Neurology
***Not Accepting Candidates From Search Firms For This Opportunity***
Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Medical Center are seeking Physician Assistants and Acute Care Nurse Practitioners to join its Neurocritical Care team. The successful candidate will perform admissions and discharges, histories, physical exams, ongoing patient assessments, daily rounding, and ICU procedures. Required procedures include arterial lines, central lines, and intubation. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
Job Highlights include:
• Position available due to program expansion
• Multidisciplinary team including 8 Neurosurgeons, 11 Neurologists and a Neurointensivist
• Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center, a level 1 trauma center and
certified primary stroke center
• New 8-bed Neuroscience unit
• 24/7 service that will include some nights and some weekend shifts
• Ability to perform ICU procedures
• Supervising physician is experienced Neurointensivist
• Inpatient only
• No call
• Excellent mentorship and orientation programs
• Relocation assistance provided
Vidant’s Neuroscience program uses a multidisciplinary approach to provide a range of services to include diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders. The hospital has excellent staff in nursing, radiology, general neurosurgery, endovascular neurosurgery and intervention, neuro-spine surgery, and neurology. The Neuroscience team takes great pride in their patient- and family-centered approach to care which promotes optimization of patient outcomes.
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is fully accredited by The Joint Commission and is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
• Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Dynamic college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I Conference USA-football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront-a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
Paid Time Off
Malpractice (with tail)
Medical, Dental, & Vision
Disability & Life Insurance
For more information, please contact Karen Gliarmis at 252-847-3708 or by email at Karen.Gliarmis@Vidanthealth.com.