About Vidant Edgecombe Hospital
Vidant Edgecombe Hospital, formerly Heritage Hospital, is a full-service, 117-bed acute care facility where residents of Tarboro, Edgecombe county and surrounding communities receive a wide range of health services close to home. Our partnership with Vidant Health enhances our wide range of services and improves the quality of care our patients receive. More than 20 specialties are represented by Vidant Edgecombe Hospital's medical staff, assuring the people of Edgecombe county that almost all their health needs can be met right here at home. In addition to acute care, our services include rehabilitation, oncology and outpatient clinics.
- The Unit Secretary/Nursing Assistant I/II is directly accountable to the charge nurse and ultimately to the Nurse Manager for the performance of routine tasks and duties in the care of patients as assigned and under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. He/She modifies and delivers care that is specific to age, growth and level of development of patients according to the unit’s scope of practice.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- NAII must have a current listing as a NA II with the N. C. Board of Nursing and must have a current listing with the N.C. Division of Facility Services as a NA I
- Qualified candidates must have a desire and ability to cooperate with and/or under the direction of others; possess and exhibit a sense of responsibility, initiative and honesty; and be dedicated to providing optimal patient care, physician assistance and promotion of good will among co-workers.
- Must be able to work PRN (As Needed)
- Emergency Department/Critical Care experience
- NAII only, no NAIs accepted
- PRN/As Needed
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.