About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited, 900+ bed regional referral facility encompassing a Level-1 Trauma Center and extensive inpatient and outpatient services including intensive and intermediate care, pediatrics, bariatrics, obstetrics, and gynecology, surgery, pain management and psychiatry.
In July 2013, Vidant Medical Center received Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet® recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and professional practice. Vidant Medical Center provides vacation and sick leave and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. Benefits begin first day of employment.
We are located in Greenville, NC which is located in the heart of North Carolina’s coastal plain, just a short drive from the famous Outer Banks beaches, the attractions in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill), and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Greenville is home to East Carolina University, an integral part of North Carolina’s excellent university system. With a population of 84,000, Greenville offers the best of urban amenities and a friendly environment
- Maintains integrity, safety and efficiency of sterile field:
- Recognizes breaks in aseptic technique and responds appropriately.
- Accountable for and participates in sponge, needle and instrument counts.
- Has functional knowledge of available sterilization techniques for equipment and instrument for special procedures.
- Demonstrates economy in use of time, motion and materials.
- Prepares and arranges instruments, equipment and room for surgical procedures.
- Assists surgeon and assistants by providing instruments and supplies:
- Has ability to scrub and has working knowledge and understanding for all types of surgical procedures.
- Displays dexterity is use and handling of surgical equipment, instrumentation and assisting physicians.
- Has functional knowledge and ability to identify emergency situations and respond using sound judgment recognizing thescope and limits of surgical technician training.
- Takes turn taking staff call.
- Contributes to staff development and promotion of quality patient care:
- Functions as preceptor for staff needing scrubbing experience.
- Contributes to staff orientation and education guidelines and identification of future needs of the service.
- Demonstrates active participation in the QAI process.
- Attends in-service education, staff meetings and continuing education. Fulfills annual mandatory education requirements.
- Demonstrates appropriate, caring behavior in the workplace by treating patients, their families, visitors and staff with respect and dignity.
- High School degree plus less than 1 year of formal training or comparable experience.
- Graduation from an approved Surgical Technician or completion of Nurse Extern Program training in the Operating Room or comparable on-the-job experience.
- Previous employment as a Surgical Technologist for three years may substitute for the required formal education.
- Prefer 2 yrs of previous experience as Surgical Technologist.
- Prefer BLS through the American Heart Association.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.