About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited, 900+ bed regional referral facility encompassing a Level-1 Trauma Center and extensive inpatient and outpatient services including intensive and intermediate care, pediatrics, bariatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, pain management and psychiatry.
In July 2013, Vidant Medical Center received Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet® recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and professional practice. Vidant Medical Center provides vacation and sick leave and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. Benefits begin first day of employment.
We are located in Greenville, NC which is located in the heart of North Carolina’s coastal plain, just a short drive from the famous Outer Banks beaches, the attractions in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill), and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Greenville is home to East Carolina University, an integral part of North Carolina’s excellent university system. With a population of 84,000, Greenville offers the best of urban amenities and a friendly environment.
We offer a competitive salary plan, up to a $5,000.00 sign on bonus, up to $5,000.00 in relocation assistance and interview expense reimbursement.
We are currently searching for experienced RN's to join our Ambulatory Surgical Unit.
- Provides age specific direct patient care according to unit scope of service: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide service appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Collects and documents data about patients commonly seen on the unit through the following methods: Completes the admission record consistent with policies and interviews patient/significant others to complete health history. Documents overt signs and symptoms that indicate risk situations. Documents physical assessment findings consistent with unit standards. Assesses each patient and significant others at the time of admission to identify individual criteria for discharge. Utilizes resources to assess patients with conditions that are new, unfamiliar, or not commonly seen on the unit. Interprets overt assessment data to determine when patient is at acute physiological and or psychosocial risk.
- Establishes and documents a database through the use of assessment skills. Identifies patient significant other learning needs.
- Develops a Plan of Care Develops, with guidance, a plan of nursing action based on an evaluation of existing patient problems, expected patient response, and the interdisciplinary plan of care, and realistic goals outcomes utilizing appropriate human e.g. patient, significant others, other disciplines and material resources to meet bio psycho social and developmental needs. Communicates the plan of care by using methods that include diagnosis, orders, short and long term goals outcomes, and time frames. Plans and implements individualized nursing care appropriate care path and teaching plans for patients, families and or significant others. Documentation of patient care reflects the following characteristics: is precise and well organized is individualized to meet patient need is goal outcome directed clear priorities of care are established is reviewed and revised according to the patient's condition individualizes patient education to reflect individual maturational level. Implements Patient Care.
- Provides individualized direct patient care within established Vidant Medical Center policies and procedures and Vidant Medical Center nursing philosophy. Provides a therapeutic environment for patient care. Consistently assesses the therapeutic quality of the nurse patient relationship. Does not allow personal feelings to interfere with the delivery of patient care or the maintenance of therapeutic relationships. Demonstrates the ability to recognize when personal conflicts have the potential to interfere with therapeutic relationships.
- Provides safe, therapeutic care for assigned patient in accordance with the nursing policies and procedures.
- Provides safe, therapeutic care for assigned patient in accordance with the nursing policies and procedures. Implements nursing care as directed by the patient plan of Reports changing patient status that affects unit staffing needs to charge nurse. Utilizes an interdisciplinary approach in implementing and coordinating nursing care and sets priorities for care of patients based on acuity. Safely performs and documents the nursing procedures required by the patient assignment consistent with physician's orders and following Vidant Medical Center policy and procedures.
- Promotes safety awareness on the unit. See Unit Competencies. Seeks out resources when in difficult or new situations. Conscientious of cost containment in all nursing practice activities. Teach and documents patient education based on nursing assessment to meet identified learning needs of patient and/or significant others.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of equipment and takes initiative to ensure the cleaning, replacing or repairing as necessary.
- Evaluates the patient's physical and emotional response to care recognizing pharmacological and physiologic response variations: among the young, middle aged and elderly patients; between pediatric and adult patients.
- Evaluates patient and/or significant others response to care based on a continuing assessment and assists with revisions as needed.
- Documents the patient's overt response to care using unit specific guidelines. Documents and revises patient plan of care daily based on evaluation of effectiveness of interventions and achievement of patient care goals outcomes. When questioned, gives rationale for action/inaction based on one or more of the following: scientific principle proven practice experience research findings legal implications. Attends patient care conferences and or rounds.
- Changes practice behavior as a result of QI data. Identifies opportunities for improvement. Participates in problem resolution activities. Participates in data collection per unit QI plan. Demonstrates understanding and documentation of variances.
- Policies and Procedures. Follows hospital policies and procedures and unit protocols. Supports the philosophy of nursing and the organizational structure. Familiar with job descriptions and legal implications of role.
- Delegation and Supervision. Delegation process is implemented safely and effectively to produce positive health outcomes. Can serve as a relief charge nurse for assigned shift following orientation to charge nurse role. Adapts to changing patient care and unit situations.
- Listens to the ideas, opinions and feelings of others. Uses communication interpersonal strategies with individual patients, families, and staff that result in achievement of intended outcomes. Gives and receives constructive feedback with regard to behavior that is related to the achievement of: patient care objectives, and unit objectives. Patient Care Services objectives. Works effectively with others in a team approach. Does not allow personal feelings to interfere with the delivery of patient care or the maintenance of therapeutic relationships.Demonstrates the ability to recognize when personal conflicts have the potential to interfere with therapeutic relationships.
- Maintains Qualifications: Personal Demonstrates evidence of: effective communication skills initiative problem-solving skills accountability flexibility stress management. Demonstrates and understanding and support of the philosophy and objectives of Vidant Medical Center.
- Current RN licensure in the state of North Carolina or temporary North Carolina licensure or meet requirements to hold RN licensure in a compact state.
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) required.
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support ) required.
- Position is Full Time, Straight Nights
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
Vidant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE Applications for Vidant Health and its subsidiary corporate entities are accepted and employees are chosen for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.