About The East Carolina Heart Institute
The East Carolina Heart Institute is the first in North Carolina devoted exclusively to education, research, treatment, and prevention of cardiovascular diseases. The institute is associated with Vidant Medical Center and East Carolina University. The primary facilities that make up the Heart Institute are located on the campuses of Vidant Medical Center and ECU’s Brody School of Medicine. We use the most advanced equipment and techniques to manage both familiar and rare cardiovascular problems. Our integration of basic science and clinical research, along with the clinical practice of medicine and surgery, ensures that patients receive the latest, most promising treatment options based on thorough review of their individual needs.
About the Cardiac ICU
CICU is a 24 Bed cardiac intensive care with primary focus on ST elevated MIs.Additional patient population includes CHF, cardiac arrest with hypothermia, cardiogenic shock, thoracic surgery pts, and MICU overflow pts. Technologies include temporary pacing, IABP, Arctic SUN, Hemodynamic monitoring Impellas and ventilators. New pt population that will be coming in September will be VV Ecmo patients that require pulmonary support.
All impellas and Ecmo patients will be at a 1 to 1 ratio.
CICU has intensivists that are on the unit and admit all of the patients 24/7.
To assist the intensivitist with admissions and pt care we have APPs(nurse practitioners and Physician assistants ) that are present in the unit 24/7.
We have flexible scheduling and promote CCRN certification. Team work and patient safety are our number one priorities.
- Delivers direct, quality patient care, utilizing a basic clinical skill level and knowledge base.
- Develops, implements and evaluates/revises a plan of care.
- Attends educational programs and staff orientation which promotes personal and professional development.
- Participate in Service Excellence Program.
- Current RN licensure in the state of North Carolina or temporary North Carolina licensure or meet requirements to hold RN licensure in a compact state
- Minimum 6 months of med-surge experience in a hospital setting (new graduates must apply to the nurse residency program)
- BLS certification required
- BSN preferred
- Hospital experience required, preferable ICU experience 2+ years
- Experience with heart monitors, IABP, temp pacer, arctic sun, ventilators, impella device, regular swans and SV02 swansand inner cool caths is recommended.
- CCRN certification
- Full-time positions available, nights only.
- May eventually go to days once your name is on list and position becomes available.
- Weekend option may be available,which would be a part-time position.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.