About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 8 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 2 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
- Defines and leads strategy development sessions, implementation efforts, operational planning/excellence, execution, and evaluation of multifaceted and cross-functional projects.
- Develops and manages project operating costs, requests budget allocation and reallocations, ensures project is within budget
- Leads requirements analysis efforts, long-term roadmap definition, solutions selection and implementation.
- Leads teams through project planning activities, conduct project team WBS planning sessions, deliverables, dependencies and issue resolution, and escalates when appropriate.
- Organizational change management, defines roles and responsibilities, communications, compliance, solutions adoption and training.
- Manages EPIC EHR focused projects
- Leads efforts to plan and manage system decommission efforts and migrating data to data warehouse environment
- Contributes to the development, implementation of workflows and data flows.
- Develops and recommends resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for IT projects.
- Works cross-functionally with multiple service lines leaders, Information Services, Operations, Quality, and others as needed.
- Manages vendor relations and performance during project implementation efforts
- Provides project reporting and status to PMO, business partners and senior level management.
- Manages project activities and communications across all project teams (communication vehicles include team meetings, meeting minutes, e-mails, key documents, etc.).
- Provide leadership over the project teams (including System Engineers and contract staff
- Work with technology solution delivery teams & vendors to determine optimal methods.
- Work effectively with internal and external team members and vendors to ensure successful completion of assigned projects.
- Minimum college/undergraduate degree (e.g., B.S./B.A.) in Information Technology, Business Administration or Healthcare required however equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 8+ years hands-on experience in IT project management, including all elements of scope, schedule, budget, risk evaluation, issue resolution, quality, system integration, staffing, and communications
- 8+ years managing large scale cross-divisional projects of moderate to high complexity with both a healthcare technology focus
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the healthcare IT, inpatient preferred
- Preferred MU knowledge of both Stage 1 and 2 for eligible providers
- Ability to lead and successfully implement EHR system related projects, internally-developed IT and vendor-based development projects
- Must be solution oriented and have the ability to drive for results that add value to the organization goals
- Must be a certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Great communication skills, proactive/action oriented with superior facilitation and presentation skills
- Must have an adaptive project management and communication approach that aligns with the needs of the project
- Must have experience managing business case value throughout the initiative lifecycle
- Independent and innovative spirit
- Flexibility and responsiveness to input from project and project sponsors
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands of organization
- Candidate must by an effective problem solver, strategic thinker and self-motivated
- Experience in Agile Development and Project Management, SCRUM, SDLC (Waterfall), Iterative Methodologies preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Project 2010 or higher, MS Visio 2010 or higher, MS Office Suite, and PPM solutions (i.e. Changepoint, MS Project Server, Daptiv and/or Service Now, etc.)
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.