About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited, 900+ bed regional referral facility encompassing a Level-1 Trauma Center and extensive inpatient and outpatient services including intensive and intermediate care, pediatrics, bariatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, pain management and psychiatry.
Leads aspects of the orientation process:
- In collaboration with the Nurse Manager/Assistant Nurse Manager/ENS participates in the selection and development of clinical coaches and acts as a resource for coaches on the unit.
- Delivers Performance Based Development System (PBDS) results to clinical coach and new hires.
- Provides feedback into completion of the learning contract in collaboration with the ENS and nurse manager.
- Communicates, documents and interacts regularly with the orientee and clinical coach to assess learning needs.
- Assures the completion of orientation documentation in collaboration with the clinical coach/Nurse Manager.
- Consults with the ENS and manager when an orientee's performance or progress is in question.
- Facilitates orientation programs. Communicates orientation schedules to unit leadership for scheduling purposes.
Facilitates In-service activities:
- Facilitates completion of annual requirements.
- Facilitates new product and equipment, quality improvement and other relevant service line specific in-services.
- Uses current policies and procedures and best evidence to support in-service education.
- Rounds on a regular basis and participates in the assessment of learning needs.
- Assists the ENS with keeping unit specific competency plans current, based on best evidence & new services.
Serves as a nursing education resource:
- Functions as a resource for meeting unit and educational needs.
- Assists with the validation of clinical performance.
- Facilitates the professional development of self.
- Achieves and maintains life support instructor status.
- Teaches in specialty Continuing Education programs.
- Serves on hospital and nursing committees.
- Information for patients and staff is delivered in a manner that is supportive, timely and understandable.
- Ideas and suggestions are clearly communicated.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree.
- Nursing Degree required.
- Current RN licensure in the state of North Carolina required.
- 3 to 4 years experience in clinical practice with evidence of clinical knowledge and excellence in critical thinking, interpersonal and technical skills required. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills required.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.