About Vidant Duplin Hospital
Vidant Duplin Hospital is an 81-bed, not-for-profit hospital, located in Kenansville, North Carolina. The newly renovated, 15-bed ER serves approximately 22,000 patients per year from the local community and surrounding towns.
- Continually seeks to improve quality of services provided and actively participates in unit-based as well as hospital and/or Vidant System-based quality initiatives.
- Demonstrates financial stewardship by carefully and responsibly assisting in the management of the financial well-being of our organization through submission and implementation of cost-saving ideas, avoidance of waste in supply and/or medication use, adherence to staffing matrixes and effective time management and prioritization.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and diagnosis of the patient/client per therapist direction and for patients whom the therapist assistant is qualified to treat.
- Meets clinical productivity standards as established.
- Adjusts work load to meet the demands of patient care including the alteration of scheduled work hours including weekends.
- Systematically assesses the patient´s overall clinical status.
- Responsible for patient care under the direction and supervision of licensed physical therapist as mandated by State Practice Act.
- Acquires and evaluates clinical data from studies, measurements, and monitoring, with consideration for the age and diagnosis of the patient, and reports to/consults with MD and/or Therapist as needed.
- Provides/records all patient and family education based on learning assessment in patient medical record
- Provides ordered therapeutic interventions according to current standards of care.
- Incorporates department protocol driven care appropriately to direct clinical practice.
- Uses universal precautions appropriately and performs proper hand washing according to infection control policy.
- Cleans and prepares treatment areas including whirlpools and equipment following OSHA guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Graduate of study approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or one who has equivalent experience and training and affiliation with the APTA by registration, certificate and/or membership.
- Satisfies legal requirements for the practice of physical therapy and is eligible for state licensure or registration.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and patients/caregivers of varied backgrounds.
- As needed position. May provide coverage in Kenansville and Wallace Rehabilitation Offices.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
Vidant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE Applications for Vidant Health and its subsidiary corporate entities are accepted and employees are chosen for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.