About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited, 900+ bed regional referral facility encompassing a Level-1 Trauma Center and extensive inpatient and outpatient services including intensive and intermediate care, pediatrics, bariatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, pain management and psychiatry.
Perform clinical assessments on unit and /or home settings
Complete patient admission and discharges
Perform daily clinical rounds on inpatient units
Develop and update patient plans of care
Provide clinical support for unit and field staff
Direct /participate in family conferences and interdisciplinary team meetings
Performs and documents face to face assessments
Participates in agency PSPIPE activities
Board of Nursing approved Nurse Practitioner Program or Physician Assistant Program.
NC RN Licensure & NC Nurse Practitioner or as a Physician Assistant, National Board Certification as an NP/PA required.
A minimum of 2 years APP experience in a healthcare setting required.
Two years as RN with direct patient care experience in Hospice and/or Palliative Care may be substituted for 1 year APP experience.
Hospice and/or Palliative care experience preferred
Vidant Home Health & Hospice in Greenville is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
Shared call for nights & weekends
Shift differential premium offered
Freestanding Inpatient 8-bed unit with home-like atmosphere
Continuity of care for Home-based and Inpatient setting
Multidisciplinary care team approach
Patient and family-centered care
Greenville/Pitt County, NC:
• One of the fastest growing urban centers in the state
• 85 miles east of Raleigh and 90 minutes to the beautiful North Carolina coastline
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU) which ranks third largest of public institutions in North Carolina
• Division I Conference USA athletics
• Nationally recognized arts, theater and music entertainment for the entire family
• Offers a desirable climate with mild winters and all four seasons – ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
• Extensive Parks & Recreation Department which offers 25 parks, a 3 ½ mile greenway, an outdoor amphitheater and a dynamic schedule of camps and classes suitable for all ages
• Named “Sportstown USA” city in NC by Sports Illustrated magazine
• Provides diverse and affordable housing options and excellent schools (public and private)
• Numerous shopping and dining opportunities including national chains and unique, locally-owned stores and restaurants
• Ranked as an “American City of the Future” by Financial Times
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.
For additional information, please contact:
Steve Mitchell – Physician Recruiter
Tel: (252) 847- 2038