About Vidant Edgecombe Hospital
Vidant Edgecombe Hospital, formerly Heritage Hospital, is a full-service, 117-bed acute care facility where residents of Tarboro, Edgecombe county and surrounding communities receive a wide range of health services close to home. Our partnership with Vidant Health enhances our wide range of services and improves the quality of care our patients receive. More than 20 specialties are represented by Vidant Edgecombe Hospital's medical staff, assuring the people of Edgecombe county that almost all their health needs can be met right here at home. In addition to acute care, our services include rehabilitation, oncology and outpatient clinics.
The Oncology Manager is responsible for supervising the day to day operation of the departments, subject to policies established by the hospital and medical staff and subject to direction from Administration and the Chief of Medical Staff. He or She is responsible for developing and maintaining positive working relationships with all hospital departments and their staffs, utilizing the concepts of participative management and functioning as independently as possible. He or She will effectively interact with physicians, patients and their families, all hospital staff and the general public.
The Oncology Manager is responsible for the delivery of quality patient care in responsible departments. He or She will assist with the routine provision of treatments when applicable. He or She is responsible for continuous evaluation of these services, including identification, planning and implementation of new programs or services. He or She will meet and ensure all staff meet competency requirements.
The Oncology Manager will be responsible for delivering the same quality of care and service for all patients, regardless of status, which includes race, religion, cultural needs, and or financial needs. The Oncology Manager reports directly to the Director of Clinical and Support Services and the V.P. of Clinical Services for nursing specific duties. He or She will adhere to and enforce all department and hospital policies and procedures as set forth by the department and hospital.
- BSN required, Masters preferred.
- Current and valid RN licensure to practice in North Carolina.
- Minimum of two years Oncology clinical experience.
- Chemotherapy admistration certification.
- Leadership/supervisory experience in clinical setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients of varied backgrounds, coworkers, staff members and physicians.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide service appropriate to the age and needs of our patient population.
- Additional training and certification as deemed necessary to practice in a specialty area as dictated by patients ages or conditions and in specialty areas as dictated by his or her professional association. This would include willingness to prepare for and take the Oncology Nurse Certification or currently be Oncology Nurse Certified.
- Electronic medical record experience for facilitation of upcoming EHR implementation.
- COC familarity preferred.
- Position will manage outpatient oncology clinic and staff.
- Responsibilities to include regular clinical staffing and oversight of community education/awareness via fundraising projects (Relay for Life, Walk for Life, etc)
- Scheduled hours will vary within 8am-6pm related to daily patient volume.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.