About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited, 900+ bed regional referral facility encompassing a Level-1 Trauma Center and extensive inpatient and outpatient services including intensive and intermediate care, pediatrics, bariatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, pain management and psychiatry.
In July 2013, Vidant Medical Center received Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet® recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and professional practice. Vidant Medical Center provides vacation and sick leave and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. Benefits begin first day of employment.
We are located in Greenville, NC which is located in the heart of North Carolina’s coastal plain, just a short drive from the famous Outer Banks beaches, the attractions in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill), and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Greenville is home to East Carolina University, an integral part of North Carolina’s excellent university system. With a population of 84,000, Greenville offers the best of urban amenities and a friendly environment.
We are currently recruiting for experienced nurses for those interested in making a change. We offer a competitive salary plan, up to a 10,000.00 sign on bonus, relocation assistance, and interview expense reimbursement.
- Serves as a role model: Demonstrates the knowledge & skills necessary to provide age appropriate patient care.
- Facilitates and schedules patient care based on the acuity of the patients and the competency of the staff.
- Recognize, anticipates, & plans for the unit/service resource needs.
- Provides necessary data to support patient care needs.
- Evaluates & supervises intraoperative care.
- Supervises, evaluates, commends, disciplines, mentors, supports, & guides staff as appropriate.
- Commends, counsels & provides guidance to all staff as appropriate.
- Conducts interviews & hires qualified candidates for vacant positions in the OR.
- Supports staff development by assessing educational needs & needed resources. Evaluates the impact of staff development endeavors.
- Monitor performance & conducts performance evaluations of staff.
- Assumes responsibility for personal clinical competence & continuing education including maintenance of professional credentials.
- Promotes employee satisfaction.
- Initiate Personnel Action Forms to promote, demote or terminate employees.
- Participates in research & best practice for intraoperative care of surgical patients.
- Participates in the formulation & implementation of interdisciplinary unit and divisional QI activities.
- Monitors quality outcomes by utilizing rending data and benchmarking.
- Serves as change agent in department and organizational transformations.
- Creates an environment of empowerment & continuous quality improvement.
- Initiates, utilizes & participates in studies/research projects designed for improvements.
- Participates & adheres to overall departmental / hospital financial plans.
- Collaborates with Materials Management in the development & maintaining inventory control for specific services in the Operating Room.
- Partner with the OR management team to maintain inventory needs.
- Participates in unit budget planning & implements cost saving plans.
- Develop & maintain service line budget strategies for cost containment.
- Collaborates with OR reimbursement team to maintain appropriate charges for services provided.
- Represents OR service line in value analysis process. Demonstrates & articulates appropriate outcomes.
- Evaluates new products & equipment. Interacts with vendors & suppliers in collaboration with OR leadership.
- Monitors & identifies areas to increase staff productivity.
- Manages expenses within the service area.
- Assists with forecasting budgets.
- Monitors budget variances, provides justifications, & makes modifications as needed.
- Coordinates new product introduction with Surgeons, Anesthesiologists, & staff.
Growth / Leadership:
- Establishes goals & objectives for all areas of responsibility.
- Maintains 24-hours accountability for OR service line
- When on call, assumes responsibility as a resource & support for the OR charge nurse & team.
- Develops, implements & evaluates OR service line program goals & outcomes in alignment with VMC mission, values, & strategic plans.
- Shows evidence of continued professional growth.
- Implements leadership bundle by daily rounding, huddles, a 90 day action plan, & 1:1 meetings, as needed.
- Demonstrates appropriate leadership and management skills
- Collaborate with OR leadership and education to provide written policies and procedures, keeps job descriptions current, and maintains other important documents
- Promotes public relations to increase customer awareness of services provided.
- Establishes policies & procedures for areas of responsibility outlining duties, expectations, & standards to maintain a consistent, efficient, & effective plan of operation.
- Holds staff accountable for functioning within the framework of their job description.
- Responsible for overall planning, development & administration of the service line(s) & its activities: performs managerial functions of recruiting, hiring, supervising, & terminating employees.
- Serves as service line resource & participates on designated committees.
- Role model of cultural attributes & service excellence behaviors
- Creates climate to maintain & facilitate open lines of communication for the promotion of effective working relationships.
- Works closely with staff & managers of other units to facilitate patient care.
- Serves as a communication agent / liaison between OR leadership, physicians, staff, patients, & families.
- Coordinates OR service line/department functions with other departments/services & community resources.
- Serves as a consultant within the hospital & for the community in the assessment, development & implementation of services or programs.
- Works effectively as part of the leadership team.
- Promotes a team environment.
- Partner with the OR education team to develop, implement, & meet the educational needs of the OR teams: RN, ST, ORA, Secretary, specialty positions.
- Promote and support patient & family centered care (PFCC)
- Participate in community / organizations
- BSN required
- NC Registered Nurse required
- Related Work Experience:3 years to 5 years or at least 2 years of recent OR clinical experience with 1 year in OR speciality required
- MSN preferred
- CNOR preferred
- At least 1 year of progressive leadership experience preferred.
- The specialty area is for Neuro
- Shift will be Monday thru Friday 7 to 3 with Leadership Call.
- Currently on their call days they are working 11a to 7p and taking Leadership Call at 7P.
- The team would ideally be made up of 14 employees with two Neuro rooms per day out of the 23 ORs.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.
For additional information, please contact:
Diane Hobbs, Recruiter:
Tel: (252) 847-3244.