About Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited, 900+ bed regional referral facility encompassing a Level-1 Trauma Center and extensive inpatient and outpatient services including intensive and intermediate care, pediatrics, bariatrics, obstetrics, and gynecology, surgery, pain management and psychiatry.
In July 2013, Vidant Medical Center received Magnet® designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet® recognizes health care organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and professional practice. Vidant Medical Center provides vacation and sick leave and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. Benefits begin first day of employment.
We are located in Greenville, NC which is located in the heart of North Carolina’s coastal plain, just a short drive from the famous Outer Banks beaches, the Blue Ridge Mountains and the attractions in the Triangle area (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill). Greenville is home to East Carolina University, an integral part of North Carolina’s excellent university system. With a population of 84,000, Greenville offers the best of urban amenities and a friendly environment.
Vidant Medical Center is looking for an
Assistant Nurse Manager to become a part of our
Neuroscience Intermedicate Unit Team.
The 32 bed Neuroscience unit accommodates ICU, Intermediate and general level care for the neurosurgical and neurologically impaired patients. It is an aggressively growing service line, utilizing technology and best practice to promote optimal patient outcomes. Learn more
Neuroscience Awards and Highlights:
- Unit-based Stroke Response Team 24/7
- Only Certified Stroke Center in eastern NC
- Participate in the NC Stroke Care Collaborative Registry
- Participate in the Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) national data base registry through AHA, promoting Best Practice and Evidence Based Medicine
- Recognized by AHA 2 years consecutively, receiving the GWTG Gold-Plus award for high achievement of the stroke core measures.
- Active participants and leaders for the eastern NC Stroke Network
- Featured in ADVANCE for Nurses
- International Stroke Conference presenters for 2 consecutive years
- 2010 presenters at the National Association of Healthcare Quality
- Under direction of the Nurse Manager, the ANM is delegated certain responsibilities and the authority for managing a nursing unit.
- These responsibilities are coordinating, evaluating and improving nursing care and assisting the Nurse Manager in promoting safe, cost effective, quality patient care.
- Assigns patient care to staff.
- Acts as liaison between the patient, family and physician.
- Develops leadership/managerial role.
- Participates in Service Excellence Program.
- BSN required.
- NCRN licensure required.
- Two to three years of clinical experience in nursing, one year of which is in the clinical subspecialty required.
- BLS through the American Heart Association is required.
- Time in staffing (functioning in the charge nurse roll) and office time will be based on OIP recommendations for the unit.
- One year of additional graduate education may be substituted for one year of experience with a maximum substitution of two years.
- Prefer previous leadership experience and knowledge of computer applications, such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Groupwise
- This position will be a rotating shift (but will work more days than nights).
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
Vidant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE Applications for Vidant Health and its subsidiary corporate entities are accepted and employees are chosen for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.
For additional information, please contact:
Diane Hobbs, Recruiter:
Tel: (252) 847-3244.