About Vidant Health
Vidant Health, located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 9 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
Information Services at Vidant Health
Vidant Health offers comprehensive Information Technology (IT) services and infrastructure to support and enable all aspects of organizational operations. Our IT division consists of a state-of-the-art data center located in Greenville, NC. The data center services all information technology needs of Vidant Health facilities. Vidant Health has been recognized as one of the 100 Most Wired healthcare organizations by Hospitals and Health Networks magazine. All Vidant Health owned or leased hospitals are on a common IT platform, including our electronic health record (EHR) that uses Epic's suite of applications. Vidant Health has achieved Meaningful Use Stage 1 recognition and is also approaching Stage 7 for HIMSS Analytics’ Electronic Medical Records Adoption Model (EMRAM) recognition.
Systems Engineer (Analyst) participates in the analysis, design, build, test and implementation of technical solutions for the Epic Electronic Medical Record (EMR) team, specifically EpicCare Ambulatory.
Ensures implementations meet architectural and operational requirements and perform to expectations. Demonstrates and continues to develop expertise with EpicCare Ambulatory applications and contributes to life cycle management and operational health of the platform.
- Participates in the analysis, design, build, testing and implementations for EpicCare Ambulatory clinical EMR applications; ensures architectural and operational requirements, specifications and standards are met
- Supports and consults with other engineers and leadership on projects and support requests; communicates status of work in progress to project team and other stakeholders
- serves as subject matter expert for specific projects that may be assigned to the clinical EMR team.
- Writes and designs test cases and scripts to meet functional requirements; plans and monitors regression and integrated testing
- Verifies and evaluates implementation success and develops support documentation
- Evaluates trends on performance, capacity and operational health; develops plans to address key issues
- Technical contact as designated for clinical business partners; collaborates with vendor partners, consultants and contractors
- Contributor to the development and review of disaster recovery plans
- Resolves issues independently. Partners with Epic and other vendors as necessary.
- Provides preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and resolves problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability
- Follows continual improvement best practices by identifying and diagnosing improvement opportunities; suggests improvements to solution architects and supervisor; responsible for creating prototypes or proof of concepts for new technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 2+ years implementing or supporting an Ambulatory Electronic Health Record (EHR) system across multiple specialties
- Knowledgeable of all Ambulatory workflows
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Present facts, statuses, updates and ideas to team, management, business partners and vendors
- Experience with project management and SDLC methodologies
- Effective problem solver
- Strength in applying logic that ensures accurate outcomes
- Self Starter, proactive, demonstrated self and team motivator, team player
- Implementation or support of systems in an organ transplant clinical setting, Epic Phoenix preferred
- Implementation or support of systems within a cancer related specialty, Epic Beacon preferred
- Implementation or support of systems in a Home Health and/or Hospice setting, Epic preferred
- Implementation and/or development of Epic’s MyChart product
- Knowledgeable and supportive of Quality Initiatives such as:
- Meaningful Use, PQRS, PCMH
- Knowledge or experience with transcription, e-prescribe, Epic’s security model, order transmittal
Experience with clinical implementation/support of one or more of the following:·
- Electronic Health Records
- Epic Systems
- GE Centricity
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.